Steve Thorne - Into The Ether

Started by Mooncat, October 14, 2009, 07:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

Anyone else got this album yet ?? (Pedro can stand easy - just been over to the IB forum so I know you've made a purchase!!!)
Features Frost* links via JM and NDV contributing along with Gavin Harrison, John Beck and many others.
Only listened to it once so far but it's brilliant, almost Fish/Marillion-esque in places. Highly recommended.

As they say in all the best ads, if you only buy one album this year, buy The Philildelphia Experiment ;)  :!: . If you buy two, get this as well.
 :mrgreen:  :D  :lol:
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

It is very, very good....but I'm standing easy.  ;)

Seriously, take Mooncat's advice - he's not wrong.  :)

Mentioned NDV's involvement to Simon at SE and he said that NDV now comes over here for a few weeks every year just to do session work at Rob Aubrey's place. I guess this explains why he pops up on releases like BigBigTrain's and Steve Thorne's. Wonder what else he's been up to?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

I have long been a fan of NDV and his work - I'm lmost constantly bugging the guys behind the Drumfest in Brum to get him every year - am already starting my 2010 campaign!!!!!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Pedro"Mentioned NDV's involvement to Simon at SE and he said that NDV now comes over here for a few weeks every year just to do session work at Rob Aubrey's place. I guess this explains why he pops up on releases like BigBigTrain's and Steve Thorne's. Wonder what else he's been up to?

At the moment he's out on tour with Agents of Mercy and Karmakanic they are both spin offs from The Flower Kings currently touring together in the states and I think NDV is drumming for both.  Agents of Mercy posted in a myspace blog "We had a real blast playing at CALPROG 2009 -
With only about 5-6 hours rehearsal with Nick D'Virgilio we managed to pull
the two sets ( 3 hours) off quite nicely,we all enjoyed it a lot."