Still plans for an EP/ '1976' release?

Started by Wickerman, October 18, 2009, 04:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickerman

Was wondering what became of an EP that was being talked about post-EIMA, including stuff from those sessions like '1976'?

Jem

There will be definitely be a release with the aforementioned tracks plus a couple of others.

The parish news as it stands now though is that we're moving at Christmas to deepest North Somerset-shire and the new place has no Cube so I need to renovate and convert the derelict stone store house which will take a while especially in the deep midwinter. It needs a roof for starters...

In the meantime, I'll be in the study in the house which, frankly, won't be the same.

On the plus side, when it is completed, my new studio will have both a control room and a live room. Finally I can record everything on site - drums and everything! :D

So once it's is up and running (I realistically expect it to take about 6 months as nobody is going to tackle a roofless stone shed in the deep mid winter) he Frost e.p. will be the perfect way to give the place a proper shakedown.

But fear not, these songs will see yonder light of day one way or the other.  :D

Obviously, this is all subject to us being able to successfully move to the new place which, as anyone who's ever moved house will tell you, is in no way a dead cert. There's still plenty of shit that could, and most likely will, go wrong.

Mooncat

Jem, hope all goes well with the sales process and move. Will see you at The Rainbow on the 5th.

PS Any "possible" release dates earmarked for TPE ?? Or pre-order dates ??
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Jem

It's looking very much like it'll be early 2010 now unfortunately. I've mixed both versions (the CD and the WAV mixes - wait till you hear Milliontown and Falling Down! :D) and the DVD is done and dusted too. The artwork is nearly ready too, but we've pretty much run out of time what with prep for the Esoteric gigs, moving house and what have you in order to get it out before Santa empties his sack over all of us.

I tried my damndest I promise, but I missed the deadline by hours rather than days which is pretty frustrating.

Sorry about that.  :?

Drarok

Oh well, I'll have to wait a few more weeks. :(

Appreciate all the hard work it must take, though!

johninblack

Quote from: "Drarok"Oh well, I'll have to wait a few more weeks. :(

Appreciate all the hard work it must take, though!
Yep, agree, you sort your life out, I think we can wait a tad longer. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mooncat

Sorry if it sounded like I was being pushy. :(

Obviously my main motivation in the original question was more to make sure the Frosties around the world can be on standby ready to order as soon as it's orderable so as to a) get TPE as soon as is humanly possible, and  b) make Jem look popular  ;)

Having beeen working on mixing and editing together some live tracks by my own band I appreciate what is required :shock:
All good things come to those that wait, eh

johninblack

Quote from: "Mooncat"The Philidelphia Experiment - Coming Soon to some crackers near you.......  
Nice 8-)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mooncat

Thanks.
I did mail Jem with a visual concept for the disc, being a cracker/biscuit with a frosterisk in Philadelphia  (A soft speady cheese for those outside the UK) on it.
Apparently too late as VitP was already at work......................... 8-)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "Jem"before Santa empties his sack over all of us.

Just when I'd finally blocked the memory of my hazing at altar boy boot camp... :cry:
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

EVP

I think I can wait myself. I'm actually interested in seeing what the Cube mkII is gonna look like.
It's gonna be a while by then but I believe it will be the ultimate space station for which many
songs FROST* or otherwise shalt be born unto.

Take your time and get things sorted Jem. None of us are going anywhere. We'll all still be here
when the EP is ready for purchasing.  :)

Jem

And that is why you lot are so completely brilliant and I love every one of you.  :D

ich_bin_besser

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Nellie

Quote from: "ich_bin_besser"Why are you moving, btw?

I think he likes cider. :?
It's in the post!

Drarok

Fingers crossed for Cube mk II Frost* Reports. :D