Little Help?

Started by Ecosse, October 21, 2009, 03:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecosse

Got a works quiz night happening soon, and it's music based.

My team is 2 girls & 2 guys, and we've to pick a team name based on a group/band.

So any ideas for bands etc that had 2 guys & 2 girls?

And we've already had ABBA, Bucks Fizz & Brotherhood of Man.

So anyone know of any others that aren't spectacularly cringeworthy?
| Chris |
Twitter

Trapezium Artist

Lush (one of my all-time favourites)

The Mamas and the Papas

The Magic Numbers

... must be more ... will have a think ...

gr8gonzo

Ace of Base?  Ladytron?  I'm not sure you'll find such a band that won't draw ridicule.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Ace of Base?  Ladytron?  I'm not sure you'll find such a band that won't draw ridicule.

Hey, Lush are surely well above any ridicule. Fabulous band, greatly missed: even the semi-spinoff Sing-Sing quit a couple of years ago  :(

gr8gonzo

No offense intended, TA.  I'm not familiar with Lush.  I thought ABBA was the best option for a the team name.  What if they went with a song title instead of a band name??
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Ecosse

Cheers for the help guys :D

It's not so much the fact of being Abba, but they have decided to name the teams based on tribute bands, and as such, they were wanting to call us Abba Dabba Do!
| Chris |
Twitter

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"No offense intended, TA.  I'm not familiar with Lush.  

You should dash down the shops (as in "been dahn the collider?"  :D) and grab a copy of their final album, "Lovelife", tout de suite. It's at the extreme commercial pop end of Lush's spectrum, admittedly, but IMHO absolutely none the worse for it: disaffected, lovelorn, and very honest. The great Jarvis Cocker makes an appearance to boot ...

But then you should move backwards into their more shoe-gazing, sometimes industrial past: "Gala", "Spooky", and the estimable "Split". Terrific stuff of its kind.

No-one else here a Lush fan?  :?

Nellie

QuoteNo-one else here a Lush fan? :?
I am a lush :?
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie"
QuoteNo-one else here a Lush fan? :?
I am a lush :?

And I'm one of your biggest fans, dear  :D

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"The great Jarvis Cocker makes an appearance to boot ...

Great?  :shock:  The man's a patronising pillock.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"The great Jarvis Cocker makes an appearance to boot ...

Great?  :shock:  The man's a patronising pillock.

Really? I'll admit that I haven't paid him much attention for the best part of a decade, i.e. since "This is Hardcore" came out, but I did very much like that album and Jarvis' weary world-view displayed on it.

What's he done wrong since then, apart from bugger off to Paris?

(Thank god for Frost*, by the way: if it wasn't for them, I'd have the strong impression that I've bought almost no music in the noughties ...  :shock: ... nope, not true, thankfully: I just asked iTunes to sort by Year and see that I've not been entirely somnambulant for the entire decade  ;) )