Who's coming to my...............

Started by RWA, October 19, 2009, 07:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

johninblack

Err, no! I'm sticking with XP, I've not had a BSOD this year. It is by far the most stable of all Mr Gates' OS's. I'll wait till all the bugs have been worked out.....probably means I'm with XP for a while yet. :D Besides, I do actually rather like XP.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

catherine

It depends on:

a) what the canapes are like
b) what sort of party games you're planning.

Trapezium Artist

Oh dear; Windoze.

As bad as the Howe/Rabin debates get around here, I shudder to think what might be unleashed if we embark on a Windows/Mac OS X discussion.

Needless to say, I use the latter and am right  ;)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I shudder to think what might be unleashed if we embark on a Windows/Mac OS X discussion.

Ahh, but the link that RWA posted (assuming it's the one I think it is - I daren't open it in case it is) is equally as ... "interesting" regardless of your OS allegiances.

I'm not exactly sure what their target market is.....
* May contain nuts.

RWA

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I shudder to think what might be unleashed if we embark on a Windows/Mac OS X discussion.

Ahh, but the link that RWA posted (assuming it's the one I think it is - I daren't open it in case it is) is equally as ... "interesting" regardless of your OS allegiances.

I'm not exactly sure what their target market is.....
Thanks for Noticing RH! The clip itself and the suggestion to host a fricken launch party for this is hilarious! I think the purpose (or at least the biggest effect of this will be) is to loose all your friends on the same day.  :lol:

Also funny to watch is how Buzz Report breaks it down:
//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmC7d2hMaqk&feature=fvw

gr8gonzo

I think even Howe fans would prefer Rabin over Vista.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"I think even Howe fans would prefer Rabin over Vista.

You are not wrong, sir: any day of the month / year / century / millennium.

As for the Windoze 7 Launch Party video, man-o-man that's spooky crap. I mean, yes, I'd heard about it weeks ago, but never had the time to sit down and watch it. Now I fear I'll never sleep again without that manic blonde breaking the fourth wall and talking to me with those eyes about how she "has tried them all, right?"  :shock:

I mean, I've always quite liked Apple's "Get a Mac" adverts (in the US form, at least), but up against those Microsoft adverts, they're untouchable pure genius ...

Pajter

Quote from: "johninblack"Err, no! I'm sticking with XP, I've not had a BSOD this year. It is by far the most stable of all Mr Gates' OS's. I'll wait till all the bugs have been worked out.....probably means I'm with XP for a while yet. :D Besides, I do actually rather like XP.

You don't know what you're missing. Win7 is everything Windows should have been since XP. I've been running the RC for 6 months, no BSOD, bug, or problem whatsoever. I upgraded to the RTM last week, and it's even better!

Seriously, it's faster, more reliable, and prettier than XP in every way.

Krische_Jasche

Quote from: "RWA"Windows 7 launch party?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  :D  :D  :D

Suggestions for YOUR party!

Goodness grief! That just makes me want to bludgeon my dorsolateral prefrontal cortex!

namister

My servers have Debian on em ........  but my main desktop has windows 7 and it is fantastic and have beeen using it since early beta.  I have yet to get a BSOD and I pushed it to th limit

johninblack

Quote from: "Pajter"
Quote from: "johninblack"Err, no! I'm sticking with XP, I've not had a BSOD this year. It is by far the most stable of all Mr Gates' OS's. I'll wait till all the bugs have been worked out.....probably means I'm with XP for a while yet. :D Besides, I do actually rather like XP.

You don't know what you're missing. Win7 is everything Windows should have been since XP. I've been running the RC for 6 months, no BSOD, bug, or problem whatsoever. I upgraded to the RTM last week, and it's even better!

Seriously, it's faster, more reliable, and prettier than XP in every way.
Like I said, I like XP. There is no way in the world I'm going to install W7 just because it might be a bit faster. Now when my XP gets to that point that it certainly will get to where it starts to slow down get to be a pain then I might consider it, I believe in the saying that if it ain't broke then there's no need to fix it and atm it ain't broke. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pajter

Quote from: "johninblack"Like I said, I like XP. There is no way in the world I'm going to install W7 just because it might be a bit faster. Now when my XP gets to that point that it certainly will get to where it starts to slow down get to be a pain then I might consider it, I believe in the saying that if it ain't broke then there's no need to fix it and atm it ain't broke. :D

I get what you're saying. Besides, it's a bitch to reinstall a complete system. It almost takes me half a day, with all the software that I have to install afterwards.

Just wanted to add though, it's not "a bit" faster than XP. It's more. At least on my system it is. :P

Dave M

That "planning a party" video is hilarious ... Microsoft at it's best !  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

keithd

I've got Windows 7 on my laptop, much better than Vista (so far)  :D
My Hovercraft is full of eels