Main Menu

Devin Townsend

Started by DannySoisSage, November 04, 2009, 11:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannySoisSage

Wondered if there were any fellow Devin fans in Frost*land =)

Just got my greasy mitts on his new one, Addicted and its AMAZING. Everybody should hear 'Resolve' at least once!  :mrgreen:

Anyhow, my favourite album remains 'Terria', if you haven't heard that one you must, its an absolute prog classic  :mrgreen:

MikeEvs

Yes been a fan of Devin's since I saw him on the Steve Vai Sex & Religion tour,  have a quite a few of his solo albums and SYL stuff, saw him live in London back in 2001.

Don't have the new one yet, agree with you about Terria great album :D

rogerg

I have some of his stuff which I think is really, really great.  and then there's some stuff that I just say, "why did he do that?  that's just doesn't work for me."

Valhall

Big fan of Devin here.
Strapping Young Lad was a bit too much for me, but they had a bunch of great songs, a great band, and City is still, whether you can bear to listen to it or not, a unique piece of musical experiment.

Last two albums of the DT Project are awesome. The new one, Addicted, is really fantastic.
...Whatever.

Ecosse

Another fan here of both DT and SYL, not got the new album yet.

I was really surprised when I listened to Ki, really wasn't what I was expecting, very good all the same though!
| Chris |
Twitter

MikeEvs

Just listened to Bend It Like Bender via Devin's Myspace page, must get Addicted  :D

DannySoisSage

Quote from: "Ecosse"I was really surprised when I listened to Ki, really wasn't what I was expecting, very good all the same though!

Wait till you hear Addicted  :mrgreen:

I love the way Devin is using his music to kind of document his healing process, I do 'worry' that if Deconstruction is the heavy one and Addicted is the 'Nickelback' album (LAL), just how heavy is Deconstruction going to be  :shock:  :mrgreen:

catherine

:shock:
He looks a bit scary...

sawtooth

I really rate Devin - i love his sense of experimentataion and his trademark vocal wall of sound on tracks like Canada get me every time - he's a genius! I just wish he was playing in the UK soon :(

MikeEvs

Quote from: "sawtooth"I just wish he was playing in the UK soon :(

Same here been almost 8yrs since I last saw him live :(

DannySoisSage

He's playing Bloodstock next year, his only UK date of 2010 =( but he is playing in the UK so I will keep my mind and my options open =)

sawtooth

Quote from: "DannySoisSage"He's playing Bloodstock next year, his only UK date of 2010 =( but he is playing in the UK so I will keep my mind and my options open =)

Oooooh I'm SO going to that - it's my birthday weekend too so great timing by Dev  ;)

MikeEvs

Quote from: "sawtooth"
Quote from: "DannySoisSage"He's playing Bloodstock next year, his only UK date of 2010 =( but he is playing in the UK so I will keep my mind and my options open =)

Oooooh I'm SO going to that - it's my birthday weekend too so great timing by Dev  ;)

If that is his only UK date, then I guess I'll have to go :D

Ecosse

Quote from: "DannySoisSage"
Quote from: "Ecosse"I was really surprised when I listened to Ki, really wasn't what I was expecting, very good all the same though!

Wait till you hear Addicted  :mrgreen:

I love the way Devin is using his music to kind of document his healing process, I do 'worry' that if Deconstruction is the heavy one and Addicted is the 'Nickelback' album (LAL), just how heavy is Deconstruction going to be  :shock:  :mrgreen:

Got it today, 'tis very good.

Love how he's covered one of his own songs too in Hyperdrive off the Ziltoid album. For me the standout tracks are Universe In A Ball! & In-Ah!
| Chris |
Twitter

Valhall

Quote from: "catherine":shock:
He looks a bit scary...

He's looking better these days :)

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/2 ... he+Dev.jpg

Ecosse> the absolute standout on Addicted (to me) is Numbered. There's this part (right after 2:20) where Devin starts to sing with all his heart, and the sheer intensity of that movement is captivating ! Impressive.
...Whatever.