Guitarists wanted!

Started by Gman, November 06, 2009, 09:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman

Hello all,

The It Bites forum are having a fun, "play some It Bites stuff day" Saturday 14th November - however we are desperately short of guitarists!!

If anyone fancies having a bash at a few IB tunes, please post up on the IB forum....thread here: http://www.itbites.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9702#59702

We're planning on tackling:

Kiss Like Judas
Screaming on the Beaches
Ghosts
Vampires
Ice Melts in to Water

The emphasis is firmly on having fun, there'll be no sniggering at bum notes or knowing winks at out of tune fret wankery...as we'll all probably be guilty at some point during the day.

So, if you're interested, post up here or on the IB forum.

Cheers,

Giles

flamadiddle

Well I've never been involved in the IB forum, but would love to have a go at Kiss Like Judas.  What's the deal?  Is there already a pre-recorded track?

Gman

No pre-recorded track, just real people (well as real as prog fans can be) playing the stuff live. There's two or three bassists, a couple of drummers and a keyboardist or two.

It's all just for fun - it'd be great if you can make it, they're all a nice bunch and you'll be made to feel welcome.  :D

flamadiddle

Well I'm definitely up for it.  Would give Ghosts and Kiss Like Judas a go if that's cool and I'll chuck in some backing vox too.  I don't fully understand the arrangements though... We turn up to a practise room and play the songs through once each?  It's not very obvious over on the IB forum.  

Waiting for my registration confirmation to come through but yeah, sign me up.

Gman

Nice one Flam!

There are no fixed arrangements but you'll be able to play as much or little as you like. We've got the room for the day, so there will be plenty of time to go through songs a few times. Backing vox would be great too.

You might not get a confirmation from the IB forum...I didn't. It's proably worth trying to login and see what happens!

BTW - are you a guitarist or drummer?

Cheers,

G

flamadiddle

I'm a guitarist.  Will give the old login a go.