Main Menu

Thank Ya-hooo

Started by Jem, November 09, 2009, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Hello chaps and ladychaps,

Just wanted to say a planet sized thank you to everybody who came down and saw our little shows. We had the best time ever. Each gig was unique for various reasons and as usual we laughed like baboons throughout. Immense thanks must go also to Nellie, Keith, Andy, Dena, Tinyfish, Magenta, Bat, Ralph, Eleanor and Mrs Ralph for being so brilliant and helpful and indulgent. If there's anybody I've missed out, it's not intentional, honest. I've just driven back from Wiltshire through 30 kinds of weather after 5 hours kip so I'm not as sharp as I could be.

Thanks also to Peter Gabriel obviously. He's still in the back of my car with his lippy on, bless him.

And isn't The Globe a lovely venue?

Lastly, I'd like to say that the Vocoder is alive and well, it was the MIDI cable that had died. 23 years of using MIDI and I've never had a cable failure. Then it happens when I'm onstage, go figure... :lol:

Anyways, HUGE thanks again. T'was you people who made those gigs so enjoyable, we just buggered about.

Jem xx

MikeEvs

Jem thanks to you John and Nathan for a wonderfully entertaining weekend, glad to hear the vocoder is alive and well :lol:

And can I just breathe a large sigh of relief that you liked the globe as I have to admit when I suggested it as a venue I hadn't actually been there yet :oops:  but everyone I'd spoken to who had came away with the same opinion as yourself ;)

johninblack

Well, Thank YOU for putting those gigs on, a very, very special occasion enjoyed by all that went.
Were any of those shows recorded and if so are you likely to be making that recording available in some format or other be it free download or proper CD/DVD? Enquiring minds need answers, lol. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

metalmatt

Let me offer my thanks for one of the best gigs in quite a while. Was an experience to say the least ;) . Also huge thanks to JM and Nathan who were thoroughly brilliant.
I must agree about the globe, my first time there last night and thought it was rather nice, something about cardiff and nice venues, I'm sure I remember jem saying something about bringing the full band down sometime in the future.
Anyway I'm sure ive rambled enough now, best get back to my train journey home.

Oh and thanks again Jem, John and Nathan.
"It\'s Phil Collins!... What\'s that Phil you need help with some lyrics, you think she has an Invisible Touch? Well you better ask her and find out."

Mossive Attack

Must add my thanks for a wonderful gig in Brum...one of the best nights entertainment ever. And the gig was alright too...  ;)

It was simply wonderful and I hope that there are more sometime in the future...
The artist formerly known as Rob-M....

Mouse

It truly was an amazing evening at The Peel, and it did my heart and mind a whole world of good. Huge thanks to Jem, John and Nathan for putting on a show like that.

Marvelous stuff, wot!  :D

Dena

What thoroughly enjoyable, witty gigs they were.  :D

I can only echo everyone else's sentiments here.  Thank you for such a unique and wonderful  evening, and the Globe is a lovely venue.  Please give me a reason to visit again!

...And I faithfully promise to shut up once and for all about the Persian rug.... :oops:  ;)
Innit.

The Cosmic Lawnmower

As ever we had a thoroughly splendiferous night at The Peel, many thanks for the show Jem, John and Nathan.
As JM said "it's been different!" (I probably paraphrased that but you know what I mean).
Different maybe but hugely entertaining nonetheless  :)  .

Great to see all you Frost*ies again too  ;)

Pedro

Huge, huge thanks (operated by very tall Dutch women) from the three of us to you, John and Nathan for an extremely enjoyable evening's entertainment. Loved every single minute of it (even if the noisy nattering nob 'eads were annoyingly evident at The Peel bar) it was something truly different that few could pull off. So lucky to be there.

I wonder if we should consider these gigs as the finale to yet another spectacular season in the Frost*ie Chronicles? Are Frost*ie things now heading towards the hibernation box - ready to emerge refreshed and renewed (with a slight west-country accent) in the new studio sometime next year?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

L33VEY

Quote from: "Jem"T'was you people who made those gigs so enjoyable, we just buggered about.

From where I was it looked like an awful lot of work had gone into preparing for this - maybe the extra time while the broken bones healed helped?  It would have been easier to do more straight-forward replays of the recordings, but the new versions were all great and well work braving the rain for.

It looks like the plan for Frost* 3 is wide open - buckle up guys and ladyguys, it'll be a bumpy ride, but it'll be worth it...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

flamadiddle

The Globe was a fantastic venue.  Best fun I've had since the Xmass appeal gig last year.  Bravo, chaps.

tomyg

Jem,
Thanks for a very enjoyable and interesting evening at The Peel. Most original and mightly funny. Also loved the Tinyfish set.
Finally thanks for taking time out to have a chat, much appreciated.
Cheers
Tom

Jem

Quote from: "Pedro"Huge, huge thanks (operated by very tall Dutch women) from the three of us to you, John and Nathan for an extremely enjoyable evening's entertainment. Loved every single minute of it (even if the noisy nattering nob 'eads were annoyingly evident at The Peel bar) it was something truly different that few could pull off. So lucky to be there.

I wonder if we should consider these gigs as the finale to yet another spectacular season in the Frost*ie Chronicles? Are Frost*ie things now heading towards the hibernation box - ready to emerge refreshed and renewed (with a slight west-country accent) in the new studio sometime next year?

http://thenewcube.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... tdown.html

;)

Jem

:lol:  :lol:  I like that.

Jem

Quote from: "eponymous"Q1: Are we talking about a very tall, very clever electric violinist?  Or an electric violinist and also a very tall, very clever man?

The violinist is about my height although I don't doubt that he is also very very clever.

Quote from: "eponymous"Q2: If the latter -- is the very tall, very clever man Tom?

He is called Tom, yes.

Quote from: "eponymous"Q3: So musically we have an electric violin, a variety of singists, a clever-ist, and presumably yourself on keys of some kind.  I believe there was mention elsewhere (Twitter?) of a video-ist as well, though perhaps that was also the clever-ist.  So, Q3 is...  I don't remember.

There may be others too.  :D