Author Topic: Them Crooked Vultures  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Pajter

• Tunnocks Tea Cake
    • View Profile
Them Crooked Vultures
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:02:24 AM »
Anyone check them out yet? Their debut album is already legally up and streaming on YouTube!

If you don't know them, it's a supergroup with Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin).

Lovin' it! :D

Offline Mikey

• A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
    • View Profile
    • http://www.polarisworldgolfinspain.co.uk
Re: Them Crooked Vultures
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »
Quote from: "Pajter"
Anyone check them out yet?

Yes, not impressed
I used to have a signature

Offline Ben Y-S

• Tangy Ginger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »
TCV. I ADORE THIS BAND. Their debut album is in my favourite albums, it's sooooooo good. Gunman has one of the coolest riffs ever, it's so excellent. =P Dave Grohl is incredible on drums, and the whole record pulls influences in from all three of the members' bands without any one of them dominating. I'm a massive QotSA fan, and TCV's album is much better than Era Vulgaris and Lullabies to Paralyze in my opinion. I have said in the past that if I had to make everyone on earth listen to one album, this would be one of my top contenders. =P Can't wait for the next one...

Offline turbo

• Tunnocks Caramel Log
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »
Saw them live at the brixton academy last year and it was one of the best concerts Ive seen in many many years, not including frost of course.   ;)
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Offline Ben Y-S

• Tangy Ginger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »
Quote from: "turbo"
Saw them live at the brixton academy last year and it was one of the best concerts Ive seen in many many years, not including frost of course.   ;)

I actually hate you. XD I wanted to go to that gig SO badly, but asking my dad to take me down to London from where I live (West Midlands area) after taking me down about three weeks before for Aerosmith was probably asking a bit much. But Aerosmith were incredible, so I guess I won't complain. =P The second they come round again, I'm there.

Offline turbo

• Tunnocks Caramel Log
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:21:31 PM »
Dont worry your not the only one.  :lol:
?"By the beard of Zeus"