Drarok's Thread

Started by Drarok, November 20, 2009, 01:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drarok

I feel a bit daft when I create a new thread, so I shall endevour to bump this one when the mood to post arises. 8-)

Today's treat is entitled "Reach", for no apparent reason.

Saying that, I think the chords are quite wide for me, so I took the name from that.

I'm really chuffed with the drumming at the end, which was actually me screwing up but playing through, and it fit! Pure fluke!

Also, a free bonus track of the day which was one of the first things I recorded when I got the new version of Logic installed. The guitars were recorded clean and then run through the new Guitar Amp and Pedalboard plugins. Hence the filename. I don't do titles. :)
Also, I fixed the timing of the opening riff (? motif? What would you call it) to test out the new audio quantising stuff. Seemed to work pretty well.
Here it is

rogerg

downloading now!  as Pedro and I chat on the Frost*wave!

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Drarok

I've re-done the guitars on Reach and added a new section at the start while I was at it.

I've also laid down a 1st draft of a guide vocal, and that totally ruined the mix! I can't turn it up any louder without pushing the rest of the instruments down (so I removed it).
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong there?

I need to get some variation in the melody; I reckon it's really bland at the minute.

What say you, people of the Frost*iverse?

Link is here...

Be gentle! ;)

johninblack

I'll give it a listen later, bit busy atm.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Drarok

Haha, don't worry, I don't expect anything more than a few moments if people have chance. :)

Drarok

T-T-T-Thread Necro!

I'm in the process of joining and band, and while not remotely prog, I'm pimping myself anywhere! 8-)

Me, drumming along to a track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efif8MdL4wg

Drarok

Mikey

Welcome baaaaaaack

Work in Progress - progressing well
I used to have a signature