My classic keyboard lin-up of the 80's!!

Started by Geddy Lee, February 12, 2010, 08:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geddy Lee

I just couldn't resist it! Here are all the keyboards I once owned during my "I AM Geddy Lee" phase!!!

Utter classics!!!

Not to mention the MOOG Taurus II Bass pedals I mentioned in the Taurus III posting!
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

D S

Nice!  The keyboard player in a band I was in during the 80s had a Juno 106 and it was a great analog synth.

He later picked up a Jupiter 8 for next to nothing (they were out of fashion by the late all-digital 80s!) - often wonder what he'd get for that on eBay now if he still had it...  :?
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Geddy Lee

Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Jem

GaryW

Sadly I missed the boat analog-wise in the 80's - my first "proper" synth was a Roland D-10 (which a mate of mine now has). My rig is now a mix of digital (rompler) and VA, and it does me (for now  :lol:  ).

I would dearly love to have a Jupiter 8 or similar, but the bottomless money pit known as offspring prevent it  :cry:

Geddy Lee

Oh how I remember the Korg Mono/Poly constantly drifting out of tune!! Sublime!
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

Jem

Quote from: "GaryW"Sadly I missed the boat analog-wise in the 80's - my first "proper" synth was a Roland D-10 (which a mate of mine now has). My rig is now a mix of digital (rompler) and VA, and it does me (for now  :lol:  ).

I would dearly love to have a Jupiter 8 or similar, but the bottomless money pit known as offspring prevent it  :cry:

I had a Jupe for a while, trouble was I was so in awe of it I didn't dare use it. It remains, however, one of the COOOOLEST looking keyboards ever ever made.

ecky p

I had a Hohner k2 string machine,jen sx1000 and a Juno 6(no presets and a lot of pissing about)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyQuB1XIXa4
still have my Korg M1 tho....
But there\'s nothing more to say

RWA

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "GaryW"Sadly I missed the boat analog-wise in the 80's - my first "proper" synth was a Roland D-10 (which a mate of mine now has). My rig is now a mix of digital (rompler) and VA, and it does me (for now  :lol:  ).

I had a Jupe for a while, trouble was I was so in awe of it I didn't dare use it. It remains, however, one of the COOOOLEST looking keyboards ever ever made.
If memory serves me your Jupe 8 was moderated with and went crazy every 5 minutes or so, didn't it? Someone tried to glue midi to the thing or something......
But yeah, it is the coolest looking synth ever.  :)