Intro sounds on Hyperventilate album version

Started by XeRocks81, January 14, 2010, 06:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeRocks81

I was watching a documentary on PBS this week, This Emotional Life, and at a few intervals during the show I heard the exact same sequence of sounds from the intro of Hyperventilate, the part before the first piano bit.  Did those come from a sound effects bank of some kind?   I swear for a minute there I really thought they were playing Frost*.

Pedro

I think Jem said before that they were from a sample library but I can't be sure without a deep search.
Jem's still sorting out move-related issues so prolly won't reply anytime soon.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

I've always thought that the warbling intro to Hyperventilate sounds Native American in style; as a former resident of Arizona, I have a few albums of such music.

That said, it didn't immediately strike me that it might be a sample from a library: I could see Jem composing it after a few puffs on the peace pipe down the bottom of his garden  :D

Mooncat

Pedders is right - Jem has stated on here somewhere that the intro bits were from a stock sample library - not sure if that means they'd be credited in the liner notes, if you were trying to find more info ??
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

...and quite a deep search it was...so deep it had to go back to the old forum!

Quote from: "Jem"It's a sample from BT's Twisted Textures CD. It was my secret stash of noises for years, but it seems I've been rumbled!  :D
The original thread is here if anyone is interested.  :)

D S

Wow -was that really over a year and a half ago? Time flies, to quote Mr Wilson...
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro