High Voltage Festival

Started by MikeEvs, December 03, 2009, 01:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

I'll be there on the Sunday.  :D

MikeEvs

MarkOneMusic

Mrs One and I will be trekking across from the wild west on the Sunday.

Bert

Bert and Mrs Bert attending.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

RacingHippo

Gutted I can't make it to this as I'm itching to see Hen play with Touchstone, especially as when I spoke with him after the DeeExpus/Touchstone gig in Somewhereneardoncaster I opined that his style would suite Touchstone a whole lot better than Mellers'...
* May contain nuts.

turbo

ill be there with turbo junior sat and sun, just received my wrist band today whoopee
?"By the beard of Zeus"

MikeEvs

Just got an email to say I've won a pair of tickets through the Metro, might go after all

ich_bin_besser

Lucky bastard...

;)

How did you win, btw?
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

MikeEvs

Quote from: "ich_bin_besser"Lucky bastard...

;)

How did you win, btw?

It was through Metro which is a free newspaper over here,  think I entered via the website after someone mentioned it on twitter.  Can't remember if there was a question or if you just had to give your email

Pedro

Grats Mike. :)
Our wristbands arrived yesterday!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

Cheers Pedro have to pick mine up when I arrive on site

L33VEY

Just bought my ticket for the Saturday and I'll be camped in front of the Prog stage (except for the Zappa set, when I'll find a tree to snooze under).
Seen both Transatlantic and Focus recently but the others will be new.

Wedding Anniversary on the Sunday..........
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Bert

Got my writsband, now got my Sunday T-Shirt. :D

Seems like Transatlantic are on approx same time as Heaven and Hell, but apart from that, I have no other clashes
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mouse

I've been told that my wristband wotsit has arrived at my mate's house. Yippee!

Quote from: "Bert"Seems like Transatlantic are on approx same time as Heaven and Hell, but apart from that, I have no other clashes

Ooh, have they hinted at times somewhere? I've read that accurate timings won't be released until the day for some reason.

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Mouse"I've been told that my wristband wotsit has arrived at my mate's house. Yippee!

Quote from: "Bert"Seems like Transatlantic are on approx same time as Heaven and Hell, but apart from that, I have no other clashes

Ooh, have they hinted at times somewhere? I've read that accurate timings won't be released until the day for some reason.

Found this thread on the high voltage forum Mouse where someone has put together the time through info he's found from the various bands: http://www.highvoltagefestival.com/foru ... p?f=4&t=42

I'll copy and paste his info here as it currently stands:
QuoteSaturday   

Classic
The Union (2pm), The Answer (3.05 pm for 45 mins), Gary Moore (4.15 pm for 60 mins), Foreigner, Heaven & Hell (7.25 pm for 75 mins), ZZ Top (headlining) (9.15 pm for 90 mins)

Prog
Touchstone (12.30pm), Pendragon (1.20pm for 40mins), Focus (2.25 pm for 40 mins) , Bigelf (3.30 pm), Dweezil Zappa Plays Zappa (guessing around 5 pm), Asia (6.30 pm for 1 hour), Transatlantic (headlining) (8 pm for 90 mins)

Metal
New Device (12.30 pm for 40 mins, Black Spiders (will start somewhere around 1 to 1.30pm 'ish), Orange Goblin (2.40pm for 45 mins), Hammerfall (3.50 pm for 45 mins), Cathedral (4.55 pm for 60 mins), Saxon (6.15pm for 1 hour), Black Label Society (headlining) (7.45 pm for 80 mins)

Sunday

Classic
The Quireboys (1.30pm), UFO (advised me that their time on stage has not been confirmed yet, other than just mid to late afternoon), Bachman Turner, Joe Bonamassa, The Down 'N Outz ( 6pm), ELP (headlining) (8.45pm for 90 mins)

Prog
The Reasoning (12.20pm for 30 mins) , Wishbone Ash, Magnum, Steve Hackett, Uriah Heep, Argent (don't know time yet, but 50 mins), Marillion (headlining) (7.40 pm for 80 mins)

Metal

Lethargy (this is now opening band, at 1.30pm for 40 mins), Audrey Horne (2.35 pm for 40 mins, High On Fire (3.40 pm for 45 mins), Clutch (4.50 pm for 45 mins, Opeth around 6pm for 60 mins, Down (headlining) (7.25 pm for 90 ins)