The Next Year Studio Quiz!

Started by drblowthingsup, December 11, 2009, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Quote from: "Pedro"LOL
I am left wondering if any good came of it all. :)

Ahhh, yes Pedro. Does anything good come of anything eh ?

Oh sorry, I fell into a pit of despair there.

Yes Pedders, I wonder too :-)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

drblowthingsup

im buying the A37 midi controller but i couldnt get down to pick up the omnirax thing despite asking everyone i knew :( now im troubling about whether to get a iMac or a Macbook Pro. hmm.

jaws

My oppinion is get an iMac ;)

I have a 24" iMac and a 13" macbook pro.. and I record on both of them. They both work well, but garageband sometimes gets in a mood and says things like "Too many tracks, effects or notes to be played in real time" on the macbook.

It has to be said that it usually works just be clicking ok and trying again... Its a powerful beast. But I've NEVER had that warning pop up on the iMac ;)

Pricewise the lowest version of both the iMac and the Mabook Pro cost $1,199 (Couldn't be bothered to change to pounds).. But the iMac has 3,06GHz and the macbook 2,4GHz. So there is more processing-power with the iMac.

The iMac also has a bigger screen.. and a big screen is lovely to record on :) So if its just for recording and its ment to be stationary, why not get a big screen :)
I bet Beethoven never had to put up with this...

Pedro

If I win the UK's triple Roll-over £17M lottery tonight I'll be on the doorstep of the local Apple shop on the morning! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

jaws

rogerg

catherine

I made a great pizza last night. I put some jalapenos on it - quite a lot, it has to be said - then noticed that there really weren't very many left in the jar, so I added those to the pizza as well. It turned out rather warm.  :D

jaws

The moral of the story is.. save up money for macs by not eating so much pizza and/or jalapenos.

Yes?