Bell Hero

Started by Pedro, December 12, 2009, 10:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

It was Son of Pedro's turn to organise an activity for the group of Explorer Scouts he's a part of and the pre-allocated topic was "hand bells".
In the past, this has involved working with a bell ringing group who bring in some handbells and help run the session but, while mulling it over he & I hit upon a slightly different/modern twist.

Last Christmas (cue for song) Mrs Pedro, who quite often surprises me with a little "unusual" musical gift, gave me a set of "Rainbow Musical Bells" - 8 brightly coloured, numbered  handbells.

Coupling these with the "Hero" concept, a seasonal tune or two and a bit of Flash movie creation....and 'Bell Hero' was born.

The unsuspecting scouts were divided into teams of four with two bells each and, well....have a look (and a listen) to this video.  :)

The "in-game" scrolling in the video is way more jerky than it was on the night - thanks to a rather ropey conversion from the Flash movie but you get the idea.

With hindsight (and a little less last-minute panic) I would have made sure the notes were Frost*erisks but the song title was subtle enough!

Enjoy!  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

Excellent!

Better get working on Black Light Machine for next year...

Mordwin

Bokkie

If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

rogerg

awesome as usual, Pedro!!!   Facebooked!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"Excellent!

Better get working on Black Light Machine for next year...

Aw, c'mon, Catherine: the whole of Milliontown , surely ... Would probably need about 300 bells and scouts able to play at hyperlightspeed ...  :D

Pedro

LOL
Black Light Machine....with one octave of only white notes...hmmm....tricky....

catherine

Quote from: "Pedro"LOL
Black Light Machine....with one octave of only white notes...hmmm....tricky....

Only white notes? Nonsense! You must be colour blind. Look at the picture again.

You've got a red note, an orange note, a yellow note, two green notes, two blue notes and a pink note...

Pedro

LOL
Alas, not shown, the clappers are all white.

rogerg

Quote from: "Pedro"LOL
Alas, not shown, the clappers are all white.

and I thought we never had rhythm...

Pedro

LOL
...the dings are smaller...but beautifully formed...