Fused Festival 2011

Started by MadeOutOfCats, October 26, 2010, 06:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadeOutOfCats

After saying over here that I'd like to see Threshold again soon, they've just been announced as headliners for Fused Festival 2011.

Do you suppose I should post more requests for bands I'd like to see in case they feel like announcing they're going on the road? Nah, me neither.  :roll:

Pedro

Go for it, who would you put on before Threshold?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

johninblack

Quote from: "Pedro"Go for it, who would you put on before Threshold?
Kyrbgrinder!!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Big Black Shed

I did a wish list for Summers End once. And got told to go and sit in the corner like a naughty schoolboy. I won't make that mistake again.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Pedro

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"I did a wish list for Summers End once. And got told to go and sit in the corner like a naughty schoolboy. I won't make that mistake again.
You can come out of the corner now you've learned your lesson!
I've been trying to influence the "End" people for years - it never works (or it doesn't seem to!).  :)

MikeEvs

When this was originally mentioned over at the fishtank before the festival had a name I did say If they had the budget I'd like to see Evergrey and Redemption on the bill,  can't really see either happening as Evergrey have undergone yet more lineup changes although do plan to have a new album out in March which would seem like good timing for this festival.  Redemption had a new album out end of last year and I don't know when they plan to record again as one of their members is fighting cancer and they have to work around Ray Alder's schedule with Fates Warning.  Although I think the major obstacle to either is that one band is Swedish and the other is American and I'm not sure how many overseas bands they'll be able to afford.

I'm really happy with Threshold headlining though :)

Pedro

Actually this is an interesting name for a Festival, particularly in the light (or lack thereof) of Phideaux's keyboard player's transformers continually tripping the stage power until stuff was swtiched on in the right order.  :)

MadeOutOfCats

Quote from: "Pedro"Go for it, who would you put on before Threshold?
Err... that'll teach me to ask a rhetorical question ;)

But, since you ask, how about:
    Vanden Plas (No, not that one.)
    Stream of Passion (Not seen them since they toured with Arjen Lucassen. And speaking of which...)
    Star One / Ayreon / whatever Arjen Lucassen wants to tour as
    [/list]

Quote from: "johninblack"Kyrbgrinder!!
    Or, if we're keeping it "in the family", maybe:
      DWB
      Shadowland
      [/list]
      Sadly, not a big fan of Pete Morten's solo stuff  :oops:

Pedro

MadeOutOfCats

Quote from: "Pedro"Headspace?
      Not heard anything by them. Worth a listen?

Pedro

Quote from: "MadeOutOfCats"
      Quote from: "Pedro"Headspace?
      Not heard anything by them. Worth a listen?
      Actually, I can't remember!
      It's another Damian Wilson project (with Adam Wakeman and Lee Pomeroy to name but two) and I bought the EP at SE after Threshold's set. I listened to it once or twice and I think I liked it but I've mislaid the thing now!
      Must dig it out.
      //http://www.myspace.com/headspacetheband
      //http://www.headspaceonline.com/

Had no idea Adam had had heart wobbles.  :?

Kyo

The excellent Haken, the closely related To-Mera and our German colleagues Toxic Smile are now confirmed as well. Should be interesting!
      "Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

MadeOutOfCats

Quote from: "MadeOutOfCats"But, since you ask, how about:
        Vanden Plas (No, not that one.)
        [/list]
        Blimey, my psychic powers are stronger than I realized. But I knew that, of course...  :twisted:

Pedro

"at it's very best"
        "Headling"

Could do with proff-redding that again...  :)

rogerg