Transatlantic: tour dates 2010

Started by ich_bin_besser, December 16, 2009, 12:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingForever

Quote from: "Mouse"Thanks to b*stard trains being so b*starding expensive, I'm not not able to attend and steal LFE's place at the front again.  :(

Have fun, everyone who'e going!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Philadelphia

Ok, so a few of us are definitely planning to meet up in Shepherds' Bush before the gig - anyone got any good pub ideas?

I should be in London from about 5.30.

Oh, and I STILL have a spare ticket, please someone take it off my hands - yours for half face value?

EDIT: Oops, this is James (livingForever), I didn't realise Karin was still logged in on this PC!
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

MikeEvs

O'Neils and Walkabout are right next door to the venue I don't fancy walkabout, O' Neills is ok but can get crowded as most gig goers seem to gather in there.  I think there are a couple of other pubs opposite the tube station  (central line one not the Market one )

Pajter

Wow. Tilburg was just.. amazing! I could use a thousand words, but then I would still be going in the morning.

Let me just say this, to those who have yet to see them. You are in for a treat!

L33VEY

Quote from: "Pajter"Wow. Tilburg was just.. amazing! I could use a thousand words, but then I would still be going in the morning.

Let me just say this, to those who have yet to see them. You are in for a treat!

Cheers mate - and it looks like their Whirlwind has blown the dust cloud away, so they should make it across the water.

O'Neills from 5.30 then?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

LivingForever

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "Pajter"Wow. Tilburg was just.. amazing! I could use a thousand words, but then I would still be going in the morning.

Cheers mate - and it looks like their Whirlwind has blown the dust cloud away, so they should make it across the water.

O'Neills from 5.30 then?

I reckon so... are you driving or training it?

catherine

To all those who are going - have a GREAT time - can you feel the envy radiating from here?

LivingForever

Quote from: "catherine"To all those who are going - have a GREAT time - can you feel the envy radiating from here?

I've still got a spare ticket which you can have for nothing, if you want?  8-)

ich_bin_besser

They played "Return of the Giant Hogweed" in Tilburg, I read?? Wow!
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Pajter

Yeah they did indeed. We wouldn't leave, and just kept on applauding like we did 9 years ago. We figured it worked then, it should work again now. And it did!

They got back on stage after about 5 minutes, and Mike mentioned that they'd never played Return of the Giant Hogweed live before, but they still pretty much nailed it!

Mouse

I've read that they're filming tonight's London gig. Has someone got a sign they can hold up saying "What-ho!" or something?

rogerg

Quote from: "Mouse"I've read that they're filming tonight's London gig. Has someone got a sign they can hold up saying "What-ho!" or something?

and get someone else to hold a sign that reads:  "That-ho!"....

8-)

L33VEY

Looks like I'm the first one home - not easy getting back to Wales and IoW from London on a Friday night.

Yes - they filmed it for the rest of you to enjoy.  Be interested to see how they deal with the bit where the stage lights went out for 30secs - the band kept playing anyway.

They played all your faves over 3 hours - sadly 11pm curfew arrived so no time for a second encore (Return of the Giant Hogweed - now I feel short changed!).  They all seemed to be having a good time down below - including the ones who had to surf Mr Portnoy - me and MikeEvs had a nice view from the comfy seats on Level 1.

Plenty of Frost* T shirts in evidence and a very proud Vitamin P was there to see them.  Mentioned to him that limited edition prints of his stuff could find a market in the Frost* store - but don't worry Nellie - he's going to wait until TPE rush is out of the way.

The orange t shirts were an eye watering £30 - luckily they only had XXXXXL left so I couldn't be tempted.

Best gig of the year so far....
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

RWA

It was great indeed..... once we were able to get in! They sell to many tickets for that place nowadays.... me and my friends couldn't see anything for the fist 30 minutes. Then we got directed to the left side of the stage using the corridor in front of the stage and everything was fine from then on.  :)

Portnoy OWNS!!!!!!!!

keithd

They were awesome! Neal Morse was close to tears after the ovation for The Whirlwind. They did film it for DVD and I hope it won't be long before it comes out. The only down side was the hammering my feet took from standing so long  :?
My Hovercraft is full of eels