Roger Waters Interview on Al Jazeera w/David Frost

Started by Bert, December 21, 2009, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Words cannot describe the esteem in which I hold this man; Roger Waters not David Frost*  :D

If I have a "hero" in music, whose name isn't Neil Peart, then Roger Waters is it.

Good stuff in this, inc a strong hint that he will be taking The Wall out on Tour in 2010. Now, if you're not all up for that...  :D

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDGmDUNJQY

Apols but I don't know how to paste a YouTube window in here. But, you can follow a hyperlink, can't you :-)

* David Frost has had his moments to be fair, not least being named after our numero uno fave prog band of this parish  ;)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

johninblack

I can understand your feelings on this Bert, The man is part of one of the greatest creative forces of our lifetimes. We are very lucky people to benefit from his creativity.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

A brilliant man with an even more brilliant creative mind. The Wall is an album I've been struggling to understand and appreciate for nearly ten years now and it's only been recently I've begun to get it. (Unfortunately, that's come from recent first hand experiences with some of the themes dealt with on the album.) It's only been in the past year that I've managed to seperate the album from the film, so I can listen to it "purely" now. To see it live would be amazing. As I've said here many times before, I saw him do The Dark Side Of The Moon Tour in 2007 and it was mindblowing. If he does tour The Wall, I can't actually dream up how it would look - all I can see are lights and lasers.  8-)  It would be bloody brilliant, though. Although I do champion The Division Bell as Floyd's third best album. Sorry, Bert.  :P

Did anyone spot the rather interesting use of a five pointed asterisk hanging around the Frost logo, albeit at the wrong side...?  ;)

Bert

Quote from: "Mouse"A brilliant man with an even more brilliant creative mind. The Wall is an album I've been struggling to understand and appreciate for nearly ten years now and it's only been recently I've begun to get it. (Unfortunately, that's come from recent first hand experiences with some of the themes dealt with on the album.) It's only been in the past year that I've managed to seperate the album from the film, so I can listen to it "purely" now. To see it live would be amazing. As I've said here many times before, I saw him do The Dark Side Of The Moon Tour in 2007 and it was mindblowing. If he does tour The Wall, I can't actually dream up how it would look - all I can see are lights and lasers.  8-)  It would be bloody brilliant, though. Although I do champion The Division Bell as Floyd's third best album. Sorry, Bert.  :P

Did anyone spot the rather interesting use of a five pointed asterisk hanging around the Frost logo, albeit at the wrong side...?  ;)

It's OK Mouse, I like the Division Bell too  :D

I saw the Berlin performance of the Wall, something I keep promising to write about on my blog. In my view, the concept is brought to life on the stage. For clues, buy Is There Anybody Out There and imagine you're in the audience and what you would be seeing.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mouse

I already have everything the Floyd have put out, old chap.  8-)  I do wish they'd hurry up and get it out on DVD. It's been five years since the Wish You Were Here SACD was supposed to come out...

johninblack

Happen to love The Division Bell too, a real masterpiece IMO.

But I have to say, them Floyd duds know how to build suspense with their releases, lol.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"