Main Menu

CD BOOKLET

Started by esquerdinhas, November 14, 2008, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVP

To me FROST* sounds just like a million biscuits flying through the air at maximum velocity
whizzing by you and pleasantly into your favorite beverage. :mrgreen:

Pedro

Quote from: "EVP"To me FROST* sounds just like a million biscuits flying through the air at maximum velocity whizzing by you and pleasantly into your favorite beverage. :mrgreen:
Hell's teeth! Weapons of Mass Dunking....ready to go in a little over 55 minutes!  :shock:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Philadelphia

Now, these are weapons I like! Preparing for launch immediately! Unfortunately, I do not currently have any biscuits. I may have to improvise once I reach the kitchen. But if it's good enough for MacGyver it's good enough for me!
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Brom

Quote from: "RWA"Yeah, If you don't like it you don't like it. No point in arguing that.
But I do believe you should give every album a fair chance by listening to it at least 5 times or so. I often experience music has to grow on me.

Just my 2 cents. Can't judge the thing yet.  :)

Absolutely spot on!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

EVP

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "EVP"To me FROST* sounds just like a million biscuits flying through the air at maximum velocity whizzing by you and pleasantly into your favorite beverage. :mrgreen:
Hell's teeth! Weapons of Mass Dunking....ready to go in a little over 55 minutes!  :shock:

I can hear them coming from across the Atlantic as I type.

ETA for upstate NY is approximately 2 days,17 hours,54 minutes,and 1.555 seconds.

Gedfaz

Quote from: "EVP"
Quote from: "Pedro"

I can hear them coming from across the Atlantic as I type.

ETA for upstate NY is approximately 2 days,17 hours,54 minutes,and 1.555 seconds.

Coming across the atlantic eh......... Must be Water Biscuits then....

I'll get my coat... :(

Cptncanary

I like both albums, but then I'm easily pleased ( just see any of my ex-girlfriends for reference )  :roll:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol: I saw Steps in concert, 4 times, so what do I know?!?!!??!

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Cptncanary"I saw Steps in concert, 4 times

Do you need a hug?
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Cptncanary

Quote from: "Philadelphia"
Quote from: "Cptncanary"I saw Steps in concert, 4 times

Do you need a hug?
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: Yes  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

TBE

My two penneth...

EIMA is totally a prog album. The arrangements are non pop arrangements in many cases, There are lots of odd times amd weird harmonies and rhythms, The lyrics (in some cases) are about time travellling etc. There are lots of solos. Most of the tracks break the 3 1/2 min barrier and I think the stuff is harder to play than anything off Milliontown...

I also think we have all contributed far more to this one as a band too. I know Jem has really considered what his objectives were for this album and I think he has entirely achieved them. This time you really are hearing a band that has gigged together and is now a unit.

But Jem has not made a prog, or neo prog or indie prog album. He has used all the techiques and approaches used in prog to create something new. (let's call this 'non-regressive rock')

What this album doesn't have is the surface cliches that denote prog.
Those who want to hear those should check out bands early genesis or yes. (or even better, the mighty Gentle Giant)

Also reading some of these posts I can't help but think that Jem is the artist, and he has made a statement which means something. He doesn't need to explain why the booklet has no lyrics. It may not be what some expected but there is a reason for it and it would be great to read a discussion as to why people think he has done so, or for that matter why the album contains the themes and ideas it does...

I love art I do, it makes you think and sometimes it can make us re-evaluate what with consider 'good' to be and THAT can only be a good thing............

Mikey

Quote from: "RWA"Can't judge the thing yet.  :)
Neither can I
I used to have a signature

James_S

What I can't judge is what the *voices* are saying - I can't even determine whether they are backwards or forwards   :shock:

I'm someone with better ears will figure it out in time! :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

gr8gonzo

Is the Morse Code backward?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

James_S

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Is the Morse Code backward?

I've not spotted the morse yet - but the bit I'm on about is not morse, just quiet, confused and a bit random (rather like me in fact :D)
So many keyboards, so little time!

Tommieeee

Quote from: "James_S"I've not spotted the morse yet...

What!? Is Neal Morse on this album? :mrgreen:
Come fly with me anytime you want. My wings are made of our dreams.