Etiquette Call.

Started by johninblack, December 30, 2009, 09:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

So, England have just won the Second test in South Africa and I read this on their "LIVE TEXT COMMENTARY (all times GMT)" It's quite a quandary really. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Quote from: "BBC Cricket Website, Live texts from SA obviously in SA time""Have England ever won before 11am before? What's the appropriate time to crack the beers out. Tough etiquette call, that one."

Given that I read this at 9AM. Help!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Easy. What time is it in Australia? If it is after 6 then go right ahead!  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

As there isn't any sun visible here today, it's impossible to tell if it's over the yardarm.  So that gives you plenty of leeway.

johninblack

So Since Pedro doesn't state Am or Pm any time any day is good and with Catherine's version If I can't see the sun assume it's over the yardarm. So basically any time is good to crack a beer but not 11 am if you have work at 12. Any more advice will be duly noted and taken on board, thanks.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

rogerg

it's always after noon somewhere.

DannySoisSage

Quote from: "rogerg"it's always after noon somewhere.

And after midnight so you'd better get a move on!

DannySoisSage

Oh, sorry for the dp but the live text on BBC Sport is an excellent place for any Frost*ie to hang out, they have some almost unbelievably random chats in there! Brilliant fun, especially if Dirs, Fordyce or Sam Lyons (or even Caroline Cheese) are involved!

johninblack

Quote from: "DannySoisSage"Oh, sorry for the dp but the live text on BBC Sport is an excellent place for any Frost*ie to hang out, they have some almost unbelievably random chats in there! Brilliant fun, especially if Dirs, Fordyce or Sam Lyons (or even Caroline Cheese) are involved!
Indeed, picked up some wonderful quotes from there.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"