Prog Personality of the Year 2009 - RESULTS

Started by Bert, January 07, 2010, 11:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Evenin' all,

Well, in a frenzy of voting, Prog fans nationwide have reported to dingy Village Halls up and down the country, stepped into their metaphorical booths, placed their crosses in boxes... then checked again to make sure they've not inadvertently voted for someone they shouldn't have... folded their papers and handed them to the Returning Officer.

It is an honour, nay, a privilege, to be able to reveal to you, in all solemnity, the winners of the inaugural joint Frost*ie/Tinyfish-y Prog Personality of the Year.

But before I do that, I think we'd all like to know some of the unlucky, but plucky, runners-up:-

Stars of the Prog firmament, John Mitchell, Steve Wilson and Peter Gabriel no less (or at least, a cardboard cut out of him).

From these very Parishes, the very wonderful Nellie and the very awesome Pedders

In the "The Battle of The Godfrey's" Simon just edged out Jem, but only because Jem's 3 votes for himself were ruled out of court by the adjudicators.

Other honourable mentions go to Leon, Rob Ramsay, George, Chris Jones, Nick Barrat, Lambsie and the Frost* forum who voted, in a stunning move of inter-prog diplomacy, for the Tinyfish forum.

But, to business. In ascending order, the 2009 Prog Personalities of the Year are:-

Joint Runners Up –

Mick for the Peel

Huw Llloyd Jones for Summers End and Also Eden

But the person we voted most for, and the winner and holder of the title

Prog Personality 2009

is...

The glorious TWANG, for services to Prog beyond and above the call of duty esp The Peel.

We love you Twang, just liked it said on the T-Shirts.

None of the winners can be with us tonight, so if you do have hotline to any of them, please pass it on. It seems worthy of some permanent memento as well, so I'll have think about that.

Anyway, thanks for taking part. Let's see who wins in 2010.

Bert
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

sigod

No less than our Mr Twang deserves I think.

The 'Fishes salute the Frosties with wavy hands and the gentle 'tink' of tea cups colliding. May your bladders never be full at inconvenient moments.