Embarrassing Musical secret

Started by Jem, November 15, 2008, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

I'll probably be tied to a horse and run off a cliff for saying this but...

I just bought the second Evanescence album and I really like it.  :shock:

I've never really gone for goth rock before, but there's some really lovely moments.

Valhall

Everyone has his/her little embarassing musical secrets  :mrgreen:

Like saying to a Genesis fan that you like the Collins-era, or that you like Eminem (yeah, I do both - pointy throwable rocks are on sale at the entrance, have fun).
...Whatever.

rogerg

Jem

Quote from: "eponymous"And having heard "Your Star" you now know what it would sound like if Sarah McLachlan and John Petrucci wrote a song together. :D

Actually, I'd quite like that to really happen! :lol:

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "eponymous"And another thing... wouldn't "Forsaken" from DT's "Systematic Chaos" sound better with Amy Lee on vocals?  It's practically an Evanescence song anywho...

I'll get me kevlar coat...

You're so damn right... No need for the kevlar coat...
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

NoMeNoYou

Right then:

1. Nothing wrong at all with liking goth rock, particularly Evanescence.  I've loved that band since I was but a boy.  I am personally disappointed with the second album, if only because the gothiness has been toned down considerably.  I highly recommend downloading their demo CD, Origin; some great moments on that one as well, that album ranks #3 in my iTunes library.

2. Yes, Forsaken should not only have been sung by Amy Lee, I think it should just have not been a Dream Theater song altogether; that song truly belongs to Evanescence.  What I really want is for Evanescence to record an acoustic cover it (hearing John Petrucci doing the acoustic guitar on that song is phenomenal).

3. Embarrassing music secret of me: I love Linkin Park.  Not Minutes to Midnight, granted, but everything that came before it.  Even more embarrassing: I have hope that the next album will not be as bad.

Big Black Shed

I'm a huge Jack Johnson fan.

Once upon a time, before the mainstream success, when everyone went: "who", he was cool. 8-)  8-)

Hootie and The Blowfish, too.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

MikeEvs

I have both Evanescence albums and have seen them live twice.

And on the Foresaken point I might actually like the song if Evanescence had done it as it is it's probably my least favourite Dream Theater song

Deno

It's not at all embarrassing but i'm a MASSIVE Debbie Gibson fan! Well, I was until she went nekkid in Playboy!

Shake your love....I just can't shake your love.... ahhh, the 80's....

Dene

xelerad

I like Linkin Park and I find Evanescence very listenable, although I probably won't decide to play them. Another "embarrasing secret" is that I really like Alejandro Sanz's album titled Más. Not sure if any of you knows it, since is Spanish Pop. Do his name ring a bell to anyone?

ich_bin_besser

There's no need for any embarassment, that's my opinion. It's all part of one's taste in music. And who says that enjoyable music can only be found in one's favorite genre?
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

gr8gonzo

I rather liked Ev's "Fallen," but I didn't take to "The Open Door" for some reason.  I guess because it seemed like "more of the same."  I absolutely agree about DT's "Forsaken," though.  That reeks of Evanescence.

As for such secrets, I have far too many to mention, though I think people who say they don't like ABBA are probably lying.

Prior to Boston's eponymous debut, my favorite artists were Hall & Oates and KC & the Sunshine Band.

If there's an artist I like that I tend to keep quiet about, though, it's...

Oh, I just can't say it.  I'll admit to Barry Manilow and David Cassidy, but not this other guy.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

tomskerous

I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

RWA

Quote from: "NoMeNoYou"I love Linkin Park.  Not Minutes to Midnight, granted, but everything that came before it.  Even more embarrassing: I have hope that the next album will not be as bad.

Same here. Love the first 2 albums.  :)

I'm a bit embarrassed but here goes nothing: I like Frost*!  :oops:  :?

Jem

Quote from: "RWA"I'm a bit embarrassed but here goes nothing: I like Frost*!  :oops:  :?

HEATHEN!! OUT!!