Embarrassing Musical secret

Started by Jem, November 15, 2008, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "RWA"I'm a bit embarrassed but here goes nothing: I like Frost*!  :oops:  :?

HEATHEN!! OUT!!
I went to far, didn't I?!  :lol:

EVP

I like Gordon Lightfoot and actually his mid-late 1960's stuff has some darker moments.
One of the great original folk singer/songwriters IMHO. I love Split Enz and the Fixx.
Anyone hear of October Project? They only put out two major label albums but they
are quite good.  I really dig Fleetwood Mac as well.

gr8gonzo

First rule of Outfield Club... No one talks about Outfield Club.  Just wait until Josie gets back from vacation.

I also loved "The Broadcast" and am not at all ashamed to admit it, despite its overexposure.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Lerxst

I once bought a Five Star album,.....I'll get me coat.

RWA

Quote from: "Lerxst"I once bought a Five Star album,.....I'll get me coat.
That's pretty nasty.......  ;)
My brother did the same once and I have to admit I taped a copy of it.  :shock:

MikeEvs

Quote from: "EVP"I like Gordon Lightfoot and actually his mid-late 1960's stuff has some darker moments.
One of the great original folk singer/songwriters IMHO.

I have "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" somewhere

ChrisX

I am not ashamed to admit that I have a cd-box called The Complete Studio Recordings by ABBA. It has all their studio-albums in there together with all the singles b-sides. To me, they are true pop gods and godesses.

Furthermore, I also do like Linkin Park's Meteora album, enjoy a healthy dose of The Cure now and then and have recently fallen for the beauties of a 90s band called Slowdive (shoegazing ahoy)
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Geddy Lee

I own 25 Cliff Richard albums but I ain't embarrased by it!!!
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

RWA

Quote from: "eponymous"I knew someone who bought a Rockwell album.
You stopped seeing this somebody I hope?!  :roll:

rogerg

Quote from: "EVP"Anyone hear of October Project? They only put out two major label albums but they
are quite good.

great band!! no need for embarrassment there!  very proggy, I think.

how about The Sherbs?

L33VEY

I'm not embarrassed to say that I still miss Karen Carpenter... :(
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

rogerg

Quote from: "L33VEY"I'm not embarrassed to say that I still miss Karen Carpenter... :(

what a voice.  sadly missed.

EVP

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "EVP"Anyone hear of October Project? They only put out two major label albums but they
are quite good.

great band!! no need for embarrassment there!  very proggy, I think.

how about The Sherbs?

Yeah I thought OP didn't fit in as an 'embarrassment' but they are well worth mentioning :)
Too bad they seem to be inactive at this point in time. I heard a clip of them on XM on
my way home the other night and it was the 'new' lineup without Mary Fahl.

It's also worth mentioning I have a copy of "November Project" the next incarnation right
after Sony dumped them. Different lineup with Emil and Julie as the core writers. They also
had Mike Visceglia playing bass,who btw is a great bassist and also played with Suzanne Vega.
It's too bad because as November Project,they really had something good going again.

RacingHippo

Quote from: "ChrisX"I am not ashamed to admit that I have a cd-box called The Complete Studio Recordings by ABBA. It has all their studio-albums in there together with all the singles b-sides. To me, they are true pop gods and godesses.
There's not many could deny that! They got absolutely everything right, pop-wise.

Quote from: "L33VEY"I'm not embarrassed to say that I still miss Karen Carpenter... :(
I'm with you.
* May contain nuts.

Cptncanary

The Fixx
Anastacia
Landscape (Einstein A-go-go)
Freur (anyone remember Doot Doot ?)
The Divine Comedy
Neil Sedaka
Squeeze
Ultravox

Ahh, that was good for the soul!!  :D