What is Mitchell doing?

Started by cabo, February 19, 2010, 06:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twang

Quote from: "D S"Not sure if you are being serious or not, but I'll play the daft laddie...!

JM is possibly one of the busiest men in prog / rock these days.  When not playing with Frost*, he is the frontman for It Bites, who just last week played a blinder of a gig in Carlisle which was recorded for DVD, after playing an acoustic gig the night before.  IB are playing a charity gig in Workington next Friday and are on a UK tour in March, followed by a couple of Japanese dates.

He also plays bass in A when they tour, runs his own studio (Outhouse in Reading) and produces or mixes numerous albums, from the prog acts such as Touchstone to more indie / emo acts such as Enter Shikari and Funeral For A Friend.  He often plays guitar on other people's albums, such as Steve Thorne, Martin Orford, and Lee Abrahams in the last year or so.  This has resulted in him being voted 3rd best guitarist in the recent Classic Rock Presents Prog poll (personally, I'd have put him higher...).

Other than that (and nearly sinking the odd boat), not a lot really!  ;)

How good is Lee Abrahams album!!!

Pedro

THIS good.... (*holds arms out indicating a significant amount....and those who have seen me will have an idea of my wingspan!).  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

sawtooth

Quote from: "Pedro"THIS good.... (*holds arms out indicating a significant amount....and those who have seen me will have an idea of my wingspan!).  :)
I understand you modelled for this Pedders  :D

catherine

rogerg

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Twang"How good is Lee Abrahams album!!!
The Mirror is one of my favouritist tracks evah.
Largely thanks to Mr Jem and Mr Lerxst - the segue between their two solos gives me goosebumps every time. And that's with Jem's solo being a quarter note behind where its maker intended it to be an' all.
Awesome.
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

Quote from: "RacingHippo"And that's with Jem's solo being a quarter note behind where its maker intended it to be an' all.
I thought it was actually ahead by that much but, no matter, it is indeed awesome!  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

I would also like to express my fondness for that particular track by means of this smilie:  :D

Brom

The "i"s have it!!

Got all excited at a "Stables" (Venue in MK) flyer listing upcoming gigs including

The John Mitchell Project -  :D  WHAT!!! :D excited or what.

I calmed down and read it again..

The Joni Mitchell Project.

:cry:
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

You should still be excited, Brom.  It's just John in drag.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around