Jam Hub - clever looking toy for quieter rehearsals

Started by Pedro, January 31, 2010, 04:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

I've been setting up splashes and chinas on the rims of the Toms....it makes for some "interesting" effects when I knob-up the fills, sometimes it can sound almost deliberate! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

Quote from: "Pedro"....it makes for some "interesting" effects when I knob-up the fills...

:shock:   :shock:   :shock:

There are times when I wish I didn't have such a visual imagination. That has conjured up some EXTREMELY disturbing images which I'd prefer to expunge immediately.

Pedro

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Pedro"....it makes for some "interesting" effects when I knob-up the fills...

:shock:   :shock:   :shock:

There are times when I wish I didn't have such a visual imagination. That has conjured up some EXTREMELY disturbing images which I'd prefer to expunge immediately.
...and yet splashes on the rims of Toms had no effect on you?  ....until now maybe?   :twisted:  :twisted:

catherine

Uuurgh, thanks Pedro.  :shock:

I can just imagine the BBC documentary, with David Attenborough-style voice-over:

"And, continuing with our primitive musicians, here we see Pedro, drumming. He has to do this with the curtains drawn, as otherwise the neighbours complain. Note that his unusual technique is very, er, physical - he doesn't use a pair of sticks in his hands like a normal drummer would, but instead relies on what he describes as 'knobbing up' the fills. See him wince with pain as he splashes on the rims of Toms... he prefers to play using this  method with his rubber-clad electronic kit, as the metal rims on his "proper" kit don't half sting if you catch them wrong..."

Pedro

Bokkie

If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.