Eh? What happened to the It Bites video topic?

Started by Trapezium Artist, February 22, 2010, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Err, is there a ghost in my machine? Just before lunch, there was a new topic posted by (I think) MikeEvs, with a YouTube link to the video for the It Bites Cumbria charity version of Calling All The Heroes.

I duly watched the video and was in the midst of preparing a reply (see below) when lunch intervened. Now I'm back and the topic has gone, and I can't find the video on YouTube either: what's all that about then? Weird.

Nevertheless, having putting in the effort (apologies for the hack Gimp job), here's my response to the now non-existent post  :shock:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting video (although I speak as someone who knows precious little about It Bites, I freely admit). I was particularly taken by Mr Dalton's rather, err, relaxed drumming style at around 2:12  8-)

Jem's "Have keyboard, will travel" appearances duly noted, although I was a little surprised that when his name scrolled past at the bottom of the screen, it was without any band association, unlike Hogarth and Trewavas (ascribed to Marillion) and Downes (Yes and Buggles [albeit both 30 years ago]), for example.

Is this because Frost* are not widely enough known, or because Jem has by now transcended such attachments? Will his name be reduced by stages ("Jem Godfrey" to "Jem God" to "God"),  represented by a simple symbol (perhaps a cymbal, in honour of his new-found drumming skills), and the world simply coming to know and love him as the centre of all of our lives ... ?

catherine

I can only imagine that the moderators expunged it because it was deemed to be unfit for human consumption!  ;)   :oops:

I thought I saw it earlier as well - really enjoyed it (although I did wonder who all the people in it were that I didn't recognise.

I thought Jem's shoulder-mounted keyboard was particularly fetching. He must have wikkid skillz if he can play it balanced up there.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"I can only imagine that the moderators expunged it because it was deemed to be unfit for human consumption!  ;)   :oops:

But I thought you were the only one round these parts who posted things which are unfit for human consumption, Catherine  ;)

[Edit: oh, hence your use of the  :oops:  icon, I suppose]

I too was a little puzzled as to who all the fairly saggy looking chaps in the video were (JM and JG excepted, natch): was Rick Wakeman in there?  :D

catherine

I can't find it on YouTube to watch it again so I can't really help you with the "saggy looking chaps" (stifles a titter) but I did think I spotted Francis Dunnery and someone who might have been Steve Hogarth.)

And John Beck and Bob Dalton were definitely there too, plus Mr Poms from It Bites (the lefty bass player).

Plus of course Jem, who is not in the least bit saggy (that's a fiver you owe me, Jem  ;) ).

Pedro

Interesting.
I can tell you that it wasn't moderated away by me....but it prolly would have been if I'd seen it. As far as I was aware, it's not supposed to be up yet and someone either leaked it (sorry, unintentional flood pun) or simply messed up. I really want it to go right for IB, they seem to have really struggled with this one.
Hogarth was accompanied by Pete Trewavas if memory serves. Don't think there was a Wakeman on hand, just a Whetton and the rest contributed via video.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Yes, I noticed that too - and did a double-take when it was no longer there!  :shock:

Presumably it is meant to be under wraps until this weekend for the Charity gig at Workington.

However, I'd email the link to some friends when I saw it and can confirm it is still there.  ;)

Good stuff and nice to see 2 clips of Jem, albeit without his What-ho! notice! The only bit which made me smile (unintentionally) was the scrolling message near the end:-
"It Bites will be announcing details shortly of a charity concert in effected areas".  :twisted:
Come on, you\'re a lion!

MikeEvs

Sorry guys had I known it would cause this much confusion I wouldn't have delted just removed the link with the following explanation:

The link was posted by someone over on the It Bites forum, so I thought I'd do my bit and spread the word so I posted the link on facebook and on here and accross at the fishtank.

Within minutes I received the following message on facebook from one of the admins of the It Bites forum:

Quote"Would you mind doing me a favour please? The vid isn't meant to be out yet. EMI have issued it without consent so they're being a bit naughty. The band would rather it publicised as little as possible before the vid gets pulled from YouTube. Would you mind just deleting this link for now, please?"

So I removed the link from facebook and deleted the thread I posted here and on the Tinyfish forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience needless to say when it is officialy available I will repost unless someone beats me to it :D

Brom

I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Brom"Did I miss something?
  :lol:

Not again, Brom!? Keep up, man ... !

Brom

Never mind about all that, what I want to know is why do we confuse kids by giving them dinner money which is served up by dinner ladies and after we have educated them we tell them that it was never dinner time after all.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Brom"Never mind about all that, what I want to know is why do we confuse kids by giving them dinner money which is served up by dinner ladies and after we have educated them we tell them that it was never dinner time after all.

Err, isn't that a North-South thing? Or an Upper-Middle-Working thing? Or a Coe-Ovett thing? Or an Alien-Predator thing?  Or some combination of all of the above?  :?

Good job I'm not in school any more  :D

Pedro

You could probably sell tickets to a Coe-Predator thing! :)

Big Black Shed

As Holmes would say: "That was only a one pipe mystery"

Top bombing boys. Especially Jem's cheeky smile and not looking at the camera, looking at the camera pose.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Pedro

LOL
It keeps popping up on the IB forum and they valiantly try to keep it down...it's like Whack-a-mole!  ;)

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Pedro"LOL
It keeps popping up on the IB forum and they valiantly try to keep it down...it's like Whack-a-mole!  ;)

You'd think a post to say please don't post a link to the video would be better than waiting for it to pop up and deleting it - or would that be giving them too much information  :lol: