Sonar V-Studio 100

Started by Bert, March 28, 2010, 06:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

So, taking a very trepiditious step into this area of the forum, and not wanting to be like that bloke in the Hi-Fi shop sketch on Not the Nine O Clock news, amongst all you pro and semi-pro musos etc, I thought I'd mention that I've decided to probably buy one of these for my new (very amateur) studio and band project. I thought it looked quite neat and has the added advantage of being a mixer too.

I want to be able to trigger some parts and stuff live, which you can do from the SD card (I hope those are the right terms, it's all so confusing)

The software line up and instrument suite looks fantastic for the price.

Anyone got one ? Whaddya think ? Or am I making a huge mistake ?

Also, I was at a Craig Blundell V-Drums demo the other week, and he was playing his V-drums through one of these

It was simply staggering. A couple of these and, apparently, you can dispense with a backline, monitors and a PA. Although they're pricey, you aren't shelling out for the rest. Anyone know any more/use them ?
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Bert"Also, I was at a Craig Blundell V-Drums demo the other week, and he was playing his V-drums through one of these

A cat's scratching post?!?
Astounding.

I'm about as much a gear-geek as you are, ol' chum, so I can't help much.
All I'll throw in is that my Zoom R16 is the shiznit. 8 channels of simultaneous recording bunged onto a SD card. And it doubles as a control surface - cool just to watch the faders go up and down on the screen as you move the ones on the R16. Hours I spend, hours...
* May contain nuts.