Main Menu

iPad Midipad

Started by sawtooth, March 29, 2010, 12:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

Having written off the ipad as a waste of space (for me at least) I may have to think again,  http://www.midipad.de/midipad/midipad_welcome.html

ChrisX

I am a relative new iPhone user (any useful / handy iPhone apps to recommend?) so for me the whole Apple thing is totally new but I have to say that this thing has already changed a lot of things in real life for me. It is so f***ing handy to have it with you. It has already has been very helpful on numerous occassions either with helping to find a certain shop in a city I am not familiar with, helping me to get directions to a concertvenue I hadn't been before etc. etc. etc.

This iPad thing is probably going to be a very nice thing but it certainly needs some improvement to become very cool. Multitasking for instance should be considered although I kinda get it why they don't do that.

And I bet as soon as it is unleashed multiple app developers will either have already stuff readymade or will come up with stuff that suits the iPad's size and features. This controller already looks pretty interesting.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Deno

useful apps?

If you've got Sky+, their app is great. Send record signals and browse the planner from your iPhone.

Red Laser is also VERY good. You're out at the shops and see something you want to buy. Scan the barcode with your iPhone and it INSTANTLY brings up a search for said item from online stores. Save £££'s doing that.

Ocarina, Bebot and Bloom are all good fun too...

D

ChrisX

Ha... I am Dutch so no Sky+ but T-Mobile for us.

I have found a few interesting ones:

Wolfgang's Vault: set up a free account and you can listen to 60 hours classic 70s, 80s and beyond concert recordings from for instance Bill Graham's archive (Fillmore East and West) etc.

Taptu Search engine: a much more iPhone friendly search engine

Wikipanion: instant access to Wikipedia online but the cool thing is that it presents the info in a iPhone friendly manner. Much better app then the official app from Wikipedia themselves.

Bloom is quite a nice musical 'toy' to tinker with every now and then. I have actually used it a few times on a radioshow that I host on a local station.
--
Christian

Deno

You ever tried Shazam? How on EARTH does that work?

Dene

MadeOutOfCats

Well, since you asked... this is how Shazam works. Allegedly.

And yes, there will be a test.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Deno"useful apps?

If you've got Sky+, their app is great. Send record signals and browse the planner from your iPhone.

Red Laser is also VERY good. You're out at the shops and see something you want to buy. Scan the barcode with your iPhone and it INSTANTLY brings up a search for said item from online stores. Save £££'s doing that.

Ocarina, Bebot and Bloom are all good fun too...

D

Spot on: I have Red Laser, Bebot, and Bloom, all great. Other favourites are MotionX GPS (great for walks or cycling), Air (to go with Bloom), Wivi Band (tremendous convergence product, making use of the iPhone mic as well), Starmap (for the spacey among you), Atomic Clock (Gorgy Timing) (for those of you who like a super accurate clock, fabulous for Iridium flare spotting, as brought to you from Heavens Above by the Iridium Flares app), and finally Canabalt (a simple but very compelling run-like-hell game).

ChrisX

OK, a long shot but since we have musicians here I might just try it:

I need the sound of a set of tubular (orchestral) bells where I must be able to play a simple part on the iPhone. Does anyone know wether this instrument is available for instance in Thumbjam?
--
Christian

CraigSteen

Quote from: "sawtooth"Having written off the ipad as a waste of space (for me at least) I may have to think again,  http://www.midipad.de/midipad/midipad_welcome.html

Want. Need.

Mouse

Quote from: "MadeOutOfCats"Well, since you asked... this is how Shazam works. Allegedly.

It's witchcraft!  ;)  Seriously, it is very, very clever stuff. I understand that they are now employing similar technology in clubs and other venues/establishments so that artists get paid royalties for their works which get played. Or so I've been told by a bloke called Keith Harris (not the Orville one).