Drummers! Be where are you?

Started by El_Mayonnaise, April 05, 2010, 02:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky

Strange... I never spotted this thread before :?:
You can probably guess from the avatar that I'm a Roland chap.  But now its a TD10 +TDW-1.
All I do is flail around looking (but not sounding) like Keith Moon.
But it's fun  :D (for me at least)
I'm not in a band now, but many many (almost before Jem was out of short trousers) years ago I was in a band called...
Freefall :!:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

El_Mayonnaise

Quote from: "Blunders73"Hiya, The Mapex snares are just stunning

here's a vid me and Whitey did with them a few months ago. I'm using the sledgehammer at the moment, it sounds GREAT !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PBH3maSHY4

Blunders

Just wondering craig but seeing as you were lucky enough to play with all the new black panther snares could you reccomend which one would be best for a funk/rock sound? I really like the sound of the fastback but of course nowhere really stocks them near where I live.

MTBDude

I be here, albeit a little late to the party.
I started playing when I was 9, I think, and have been playing now for ten years.  I got an old Premier kit from my cousin and have been pounding the crud out of it since.  I never had any lessons, so i'm self taught.  I am playing in my College's pep band as their drummer, among other instruments.

SmartUK

Oh, go on then.  My name's Smart and I'm a drummer.  Thoroughly amateur, haven't played since '98, only been in muckabout covers bands with my brother and a couple of acquaintances, then depped for a local band who had gigs at the Rock Garden and stayed on to record their first demo.  Since then, nada but dreams..

Now "resting", as actors say.  I have a Mk1 Purecussion RIMS Headset in the corner behind me with original Remo PTS heads now sadly slack and un-musical.  I'd really love to get the counterhoop bits and tuning pegs that let you fit regular heads, then I'd fit mesh heads and use it more for practice.  Sadly, these are as rare as rocking horse doodoo and I've been looking for years.  Still, there you go.  My rubber pad is not a lot of fun and really too noisy.

I coulda been somebody...!
Frost*, monkey, trumpet, ARSE!!

El_Mayonnaise

Heres a piccy of my furniture arrangement :D

Cymbals (R-L): 14" HHX Groove hats, 8" Paragon Splash, 16" HHX Evolution, 18" HHX China, 20" HH Rock Ride, 12" Monstrosity China Splash Thing

Drums: 8", 10", 12", 14", 22" kick and 14" snare. All Mapex M Birch

RacingHippo

Your heads are all FAR too clean.
Get hittin' 'em!

Wish I could afford a Mapex kit.....
* May contain nuts.

Pajter

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Heres a piccy of my furniture arrangement :D

Cymbals (R-L): 14" HHX Groove hats, 8" Paragon Splash, 16" HHX Evolution, 18" HHX China, 20" HH Rock Ride, 12" Monstrosity China Splash Thing

Drums: 8", 10", 12", 14", 22" kick and 14" snare. All Mapex M Birch

Honestly, I'm jealous. Great looking kit and set-up!

El_Mayonnaise

One thing to add as a drummer; its great fun rearranging your kit (ahem) whenever you want. For example, I've been playing along to Blunders Electro CD on this new monstrosity.

Using the crash as a ride, and added a Stagg 12" splash.

And thanks very much Pajter :D

Drarok

Hippo's right, you know? Heads are way too clean looking! ;)

finbeard

I've been saving my precious dollars for the past year to put this setup together. The drums are Sleishman- made in Australia. they're entirely free floating with absolutely nothing bolted to the shell, so they sound pretty huge. I ordered new heads for the entire kit the other day- they should be here monday of next week. They're all texture coated Aquarians, and should hopefully sound a bit less wimpy than the thin remos that came with the kit.
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.

finbeard

the aquarians got here yesterday and i just finished setting them up today... looking and sounding good!
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

rogerg

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

I read that article.
It made me rant.
* May contain nuts.