Jem, where on earth are those strings coming from...

Started by thomaspottage, November 16, 2008, 11:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomaspottage

...On EIMA? The start of Wonderland for example. Please tell me its some delicious attainable plugin, and not the result of a session with real musicians in a real studio. Oh, and bravo! Its outstanding, the whole thing, i have listened to it 9 times already and its still as moving as the first peek.

Tom

Gandalf1986

You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Drarok

Hah, weird. Wonderland just started playing for the 1st time as I entered this thread.

The tune the strings are playing – is that a callback to something on Milliontown? Sounds familiar.

AnsOnkruid

Is it JM?
Quote from: "TVFTC"We're going to reconvene on Saturday to finish the guitars, do the violin parts (yes, he plays violin too) and record his vocals, then he's free to go.
(click)
 :?:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

thomaspottage

QuoteIs it JM?

I hope not, that would be terribly unfair. If it is then bravo, stellar playing, but it sounds like basses and Cellos to me too. Then again i wouldn't be at all surprised if he just happens to play them as well. Any word from the horses mouth?

Tom

Drarok

Quote from: "thomaspottage"Any word from the horses mouth?
Nay.

Sorry.

Philadelphia

"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Jem

It's a sample from some library I used to have before my sample drive failed with the loss of all onboard.

I think I played it out of Kontakt 2. Something else I lost in the great OSX upgrade disaster of 2008.

The sound wrote the riff really. I'd like to think that solo album Tony Banks would be proud of me.  :lol:

EVP

I can't wait to get my copy of the album!!! Should be here any day now.

btw Omnisphere has some rather nice sounding string sets.

SerFox

There is no way of one person playng violin to emulate an orchestra, you would lose all sense of orchestral togetherness. Just doesn't work.

Sounds like Vienna SSO to me... and Jem being the producery sport he is, I'd bank on either East West or Vienna...

Jem

Quote from: "SerFox"There is no way of one person playng violin to emulate an orchestra, you would lose all sense of orchestral togetherness. Just doesn't work.

Sounds like Vienna SSO to me... and Jem being the producery sport he is, I'd bank on either East West or Vienna...

Actually, I think it was Peter Seidlescjeelsekkskkrkk's Complete Classical Collection. It was a funny little sample only about an octave and a half in length. Nice though.

James_S

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "SerFox"There is no way of one person playng violin to emulate an orchestra, you would lose all sense of orchestral togetherness. Just doesn't work.

Actually, I think it was Peter Seidlescjeelsekkskkrkk's Complete Classical Collection. It was a funny little sample only about an octave and a half in length. Nice though.

Ahh Peter Sleeeshhhiiaaakkk. Nice :)

(I too was banking on East/West though :D)
So many keyboards, so little time!

Drarok

So did the JM violin parts not get used, or is that what's in Saline?

Pedro

Dear Jem,
Not wishing to put any more on your plate and you probably don't have the time or inclination (or gear setup?) to do it, but a Rob Reed style "Inside the mix" video for some or all of the tracks would be just soooo cool and probably extremely instructional too.
Rob did this for the whole "Metamorphosis" album and some of "Home" - where he just plays the songs in full but mutes and solos tracks on the mixing desk to point out little bits, who did what and so on.
I know we've kind of got some of this in the Frost* reports already so it's really just a thought for your future consideration.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

tomskerous

Well surely we're nearly at the stage of the "oh shit I have to programme the set" Frost report?
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!