Author Topic: Snowman/Gabriel Mashup  (Read 1519 times)

Offline sawtooth

• Global Moderator
  • Maryland Cookie
    • View Profile
Snowman/Gabriel Mashup
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:14:24 PM »
Being a big Peter Gabriel and Larry Fast fan - and with San Jacinto being one of my fave PG tracks ever  - I absolutely loved the Snowman remix from the Dividing Line Anniversary broadcast.

I remember hearing it for the first time at one of the Esoteric gigs last year, and turning to Beano as the first few marimba notes played in the intro and remarking 'ooooh, Thomas Dolby!" , 'cos I think that first few rattling collection of notes sounds really Dolby-esque.

Anyway I was proved very wrong as it dawned on me what was happening, and the various layers of San Jacinto built up to the Snowman vocals and it was hair-standing-up-on-the-back-of-the-neck stuff for the rest of the song - right up to the Fly on a Windshield bit.

The question I wanted to ask Jem though, was did you open any lines of communication with Peter Gabriel when you were working with the samples? And if so, I wonder what PG thought of Frost*?

Offline Sean

• Custard Cream
    • View Profile
Re: Snowman/Gabriel Mashup
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:20:15 AM »
I was rather impressed by the new version of Snowman as well. As soon as i listened to the whole thing i immediately edited the songs.They went on my ZuneHD as soon as I could get home, lol. My question is would the new version Snowman of and The Dividing Line count as an EP?

On a different note , I blown away with TDL, the whole feel of the song and the fluidness of it, thank you very much Jem and company. The favorite thing is the backward bit going into the end of the song. Its different but in a good way!
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size][/b][/color]