EIMA discussion and appriciation thread

Started by Qjimbo, November 16, 2008, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gedfaz

Quote from: "Qjimbo"
Quote from: "Gedfaz"But yes... I'm sure you didnt mean to insult us all... did you? :roll:
Course not, I simply meant that a lot of people here are from the U.S. and as such haven't heard the album yet, meaning they can't really add a lot to the thread.

So the US listeners wouldn't necessarily bring in a 'higher percentage' of meaningful posts then.... Because higher percentage indicates....  that the american posts would be more meaningful! Thus raising the percentage.

Because we are all as meaningful as each other nation to nation eh?

Ah... i'm only kiddin' ya...  :mrgreen:

Answer the goddam nut question  :x

Deno

Quote from: "LivingForever"Huh. That's slightly disappointing. But hey ho, it is only a bonus as you say. I like the instrumentals already being in MP3 though, that's useful rather than having to rip them.

I don't think you'll be too disappointed. The video is only 70% the original size and it was done like that so we could make the project widescreen without stretching the footage (as most people have widescreen TV's these days).

The other thing was that the original footage was PAL and had to be converted to NTSC for the american audience.

AND...we only had 7 days to put it all together...

Dene

LivingForever

Quote from: "Deno"I don't think you'll be too disappointed. The video is only 70% the original size and it was done like that so we could make the project widescreen without stretching the footage (as most people have widescreen TV's these days).

The other thing was that the original footage was PAL and had to be converted to NTSC for the american audience.

AND...we only had 7 days to put it all together...

Dene

Ah, now that's music to my ears Deno cos my Bluray player / TV are incapable between them of playing 4:3 video in 4:3 and insist on stretching to 16:9... I reckon this will be right up my street!

8-)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Deno

Quote from: "LivingForever"Ah, now that's music to my ears Deno cos my Bluray player / TV are incapable between them of playing 4:3 video in 4:3 and insist on stretching to 16:9... I reckon this will be right up my street!)

ooooh, Blu-Ray.....now we should have done it in Hi-Def...

Clone Wars on Blu-Ray....beautiful!!! if you can stand the turkey that is the movie itself :-)

D

LivingForever

Quote from: "Deno"ooooh, Blu-Ray.....now we should have done it in Hi-Def...

Clone Wars on Blu-Ray....beautiful!!! if you can stand the turkey that is the movie itself :-)

D

Frost* live on Blu-Ray... drooooooool  :D

I think I'll wait for the real Star Wars films to come out if it's all the same to you!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Deno

Quote from: "LivingForever"Frost* live on Blu-Ray... drooooooool  :D

They even do 3D Blu-Ray discs!! Maybe Frost* live in 3D Hi-Def....but only if John promises to keep his clothes on.....don't wanna be dodging THAT kind of 3D effect....

D

gr8gonzo

I prefer honey roasted peanuts, though I do like the occasional cashew.  Did you know that unrefined cashews are poisonous and used in making cyanide?  Yeah.  Don't buy any cheap cashews.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Gedfaz

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"I prefer honey roasted peanuts, though I do like the occasional cashew.  Did you know that unrefined cashews are poisonous and used in making cyanide?  Yeah.  Don't buy any cheap cashews.

Hmmm... Yes I prefer Dry Roasted to regular... Never tried the honey roasted ones... Didnt know that about cashews (though I do like small quantities ... too many are a bit sickly I find). Did you know that the cashew is part of a fruit called the Cashew fruit? No... Neither did I... it was a factoid on the radio the other day...

Qjimbo

Can we please split this blu-ray and peanut stuff into a separate topic? Come on guys...
Industry!
Science and Technology!
*plink plink*
Big men, putting screwdrivers into things!
Turning them, and adjusting them!

Pedro

Feel free to start a thread on either subject if you wish.
I personally love the varied diet here (threads are fibre too, you know ;)), man cannot survive "on Topic" alone....even one of John Beck's £1.70 ones!

As for the whole drum machine thing, I can't bring myself to hate them, a) because they are a signifiicant part of the journey up to now (Fading Lights with no drum machine....unthinkable) and b) I struggle to be so polarised about things these days....I never like to exclude things purely on the basis of fashion or trend.

I guess you could say one man's Drum Machine is another man's Mellotron - the problems only arise from overuse, or unimaginative usage....not things we need to worry about where Jem in concerned, in my opinion....  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

turbo

Quote from: "Qjimbo"Can we please split this blu-ray and peanut stuff into a separate topic? Come on guys...
ah topic a hazel nut in every bite :lol:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Philadelphia

"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "Qjimbo"Can we please split this blu-ray and peanut stuff into a separate topic? Come on guys...

Errrrr...... No. :D   ;)

The Frost* Forum without thread de-railment would be like Pistachio nuts without beer.

I wish I could comment on EIMA. But the manglers must of hidden it. Gig Buddy was gloating earlier. (I would use the smilie for sticking my bottom lip out, but there isn't one)
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Gedfaz

Why so uptight... Its only a bit of fun! We're ordinary people remember! Well except for the band....

Hey Pedro... methinks you have a fan in Philadelphia  :lol:

Gedfaz

Going back to almost on topic (did someone shout hooray!). I think fake drums in the way that almost all of the tracks on EIMA and Milliontown are originally written doesnt bother me... Its the horrible ping pong sound of drum machines that gets to me... it just seems akk... makes me think of songs by that horrid little man. I'll be really worried if Jem starts using Phoenix horns on the next album!

As for fading lights... though it came from a slight recovery of an album for the band, it was still a gazillion miles away from even mid quality genesis like Wind & Wuthering... TBH I listened to it and thought to myself 'Thank God they've decided not to sully the name of Gabriels band any further' ... but then they did. I can honestly say that during 'Small talk' on Calling all stations I could feel the bile rising intyo my mouth... i had to swallow really hard then....

Philadelphia cant possibly continue to look that good in the bits beyond the top of the guitar... I reckon its hiding a serious amount of 5 O'clock shadow... surely!!!  :D

Maybe the bottom half of her face is Jems! maybe she IS Jem... now theres a thought!

Right back on topic.... If you really love the tracks you've already heard then you will adore the album. Drum machine, no drum machine... whatever and I've played it about 7 times now and I'll do the same again tomorrow... because there isnt that much else about that is at least trying to be different. I think that deserves a measure of tolerance from the listener.