EIMA discussion and appriciation thread

Started by Qjimbo, November 16, 2008, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Aha! Congrats number 1! I wondered how long it would take.

Are you coming to the Peel gig? If so, first pint's on me.  :D

Qjimbo

Yep! And ooo thank you very much sir :D This gig compensates very much for me missing you recording in Kingston... I also let Dr. Ean know about it, so hopefully he'll be there as well  ;)
Industry!
Science and Technology!
*plink plink*
Big men, putting screwdrivers into things!
Turning them, and adjusting them!

Jem

Quote from: "Qjimbo"Yep! And ooo thank you very much sir :D This gig compensates very much for me missing you recording in Kingston... I also let Dr. Ean know about it, so hopefully he'll be there as well  ;)
That's a great idea. Tell the old bugger to email me will you? He and I need a drink.  :D

Wickerman

Well, TLD just confirmed to me that CRS lost my order  :(  so, if anyone else is in the same boat, looks as though we'll be waiting a bit longer yet.

Should have listened to people's negative comments about CRS- what a crap service!!

James_S

There had been a problem with my CRS order, but TLD has confirmed it tonight, and it will be shipped tomorrow. :D

If you are unsure, then PM TLD and she will sort it out I'm sure.

She's doing a marvellous job!!!
So many keyboards, so little time!

MikeEvs

Sorry to hear that I guess I was very lucky then to get my CD, t-shirt and beanie especially as I ordered them separate  but they all arrived safely in one package.  TLD did a great job of chasing up my order as I didn't get a confirmation email from the CRS for one of the transactions.

Mikey

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Sorry to hear that I guess I was very lucky then to get my CD, t-shirt and beanie especially as I ordered them separate  but they all arrived safely in one package.  TLD did a great job of chasing up my order as I didn't get a confirmation email from the CRS for one of the transactions.
Hmmmmm. I did get a confirmation, but nothing yet. As I've downloaded the album, I think I'll wait for the real parcel manglers to get their fingers out before giving TLD some extra work.
I used to have a signature

rogerg

well, I'm way over here on this side of the water, so I'll keep waiting a while before I assume it's lost!

Bert

Booo, haven't got mine either, but have PM'd so will wait for reply.

Pretty shoddy stuff from CRS I reckon. Advance kudos to TLD if she can sort out my order !

Anyway, I've not heard it; is it any good ?  :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Trapezium Artist

For what it's worth, my CRS order (Signed Special Edition, T-shirt, and clingy windowy thingys) arrived this morning as hoped, anticipated, and devoutly desired. So, no complaints from me at least, although I can imagine the frustration for those whose orders didn't make it.

That said, I haven't allowed myself the pleasure of listening at work today; saving it for the drive home. Soon, soon.

Liquid

Still nothing over here for me. The only consolation is that when I ordered the tour sampler over the summer, they didn't notify me then either when it had shipped. So I'm hoping it's on its way, but there's no real way of knowing. Kind of nerve wracking. Every single bloody email I get, I start sweating hoping that it's going to be from the hall office and that my package has arrived.

Bah. Freaking Kirksville. Mail system isn't very good.

Dave M

With every fabulous listen I can almost hear the hobits and the guardians of old school prog growing ever more jealous ... I see the term pop being used to label some songs which i dont understand, as if a song can be dissmised as pop and therefore somehow trivial and not worthy for consideration as a prog song.
I hate labels, compartmentalising music makes no sense to me, it's either brilliant or shit and all points inbetween, it either moves you or it doesn't. To me this is a spectacular, intricate and at times delicate album, lovingly assembled by a master of modern production. Maybe it's the slick modern prodution and vocal effects which are challenging peoples preconceptions of what is and isn't prog, I'd say simply open your ears, drink in every sumptuous note and enjoy the wonderful songs and performances of a bunch of musicians at the top of their game!
I am loving this album, it's different to Milliontown, and all the better for it. Well done guys it's farking brilliant!!
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

gareth

I can't get enough of this, I love it all. Oddly, I'm the most excited about the quieter tracks, Saline and the Secret Song.

And the first time Toys came on i just grinned. Fantasic that one is.

I also did a little advertising at this site I frequent:
http://www.ozprog.com/forum/showthread.php?p=143871

Drarok

Quote from: "Jem"Aha! Congrats number 1! I wondered how long it would take.

Are you coming to the Peel gig? If so, first pint's on me.  :D
What what what?

QuoteIndustry!
Science and Technology!
*plink plink*
What what what?!?!

Qjimbo

Industry!
Science and Technology!
*plink plink*