The Dividing Line - Live

Started by johninblack, April 08, 2010, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JinjaBeardy

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Did they do that new middle section they did at DotR?

Dunno, I was too busy enjoying myself to notice. But in compensation, here is a photo taken during the middle section of TDL:

Sorry for the poor quality, I think I was asking a bit much of the camera in my phone  :(
People ask, "Why haven\'t aliens contacted our goverment by now?"
If you were a super intelligent, galaxy crossing being what would possibly make you want to speak to the government??

D S

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Did they do that new middle section they did at DotR?
No, it was a new middle section with Blunders on drums and Jem playing a piano part following the melody of the backwards vocals.  Worked pretty well although I think playing a sample of the actual backwards section would equally be acceptable, in the same way Queen played a tape of the multi-tracked vocal section of Bo Rap, making it obvious that they weren't miming along to it.  It can't be done live and people accept that.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Ash

The Dividing Line was perfect at Bilston & Derby - OMG!  Sooo brilliant.
Ash
xxx

TonyB

Honestly this was one of the most terrifying things I've seen played live. you listen to the track and simply think there's NO WAY that can be done live, and not only that, done justice to.

But bugger me backwards with a rich tea biscuit was it not simply phenomenal. How the hell that much sound came from 4 seemingly 'normal' people is incredible. And seriously, the riff that kicks in where on the track the woman is talking was HUUUUUGE and one of my favourite parts of the gig. Not only is it a massive riff, but very clearly quite tricky to play on, well, all of the instruments (yeah, like the rest of it was a walk in the park!) Those who didn't get to see it, buy the DVD, for this song alone you won't be disappointed!!

Again, I take my hat of to you, Men of Frost*
"I bet you weren\'t expecting this!!"

Simon B

...and (confession time) the first time I'd heard it! AWESOME!!!
Make mine a Crunchie biscuit!

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "Simon B"...and (confession time) the first time I'd heard it! AWESOME!!!

:o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :!:
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"
Quote from: "Simon B"...and (confession time) the first time I'd heard it! AWESOME!!!
:o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :!:
Look closely at Gonzo's avatar and then buy The Philadelphia Experiment (2CD+DVD) marvel immediately....just £15 here! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

TDL Live, it was...

IMMENSE

Wasn't expecting to hear it and was blown away
I used to have a signature