Rush - Time Machine Tour

Started by Bert, April 08, 2010, 09:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

This news in from Canada today...

"Tickets for Rush go on sale in select markets beginning April 16th at LiveNation.com

(Toronto – Thursday, April 8th 2010) - Rush – Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart – is without question one of the most inventive and compelling groups in rock history, equally famed for both its virtuoso musicianship and provocative songwriting.

Announced today, The Time Machine Tour is an evening with Rush, where they will perform their classics, give a taste of the future – and for the first time ever – feature the Moving Pictures album live in its entirety.

The band is currently working on their 20th studio album with producer Nick Raskulinecz (co-producer from 2007's Snakes & Arrows) and in addition to their classics plan to showcase a few new tunes live this summer.

"We were off for a year and a half, and now it's just pouring. Everything is totally crazy and there's not a minute left in the day. We've got these half-dozen songs, and we'll probably go in the studio and work on a couple of them and see how it goes, perhaps release something – and I say perhaps – and then we plan on being on the road," says guitarist, Alex Lifeson.

This summer's Live Nation promoted tour will visit approximately 40 cities throughout North America beginning June 29th in Albuquerque, NM and finishing October 2nd in West Palm Beach, FL with stops along the way in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Holmdel, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, Washington, and more along the way (complete tour itinerary follows).

Rush has sold more than 40 million records worldwide and garnered untold legions of devoted and admiring fans. According to the RIAA, Rush's sales statistics place RUSH third after The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.

Released in 1981, Moving Pictures was their most successful album, certified 4x Platinum and features some of Rush's most well known songs and perennial radio favourites Tom Sawyer, Limelight and the Grammy-nominated instrumental YYZ."

But wait, there's more...

" "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage" a documentary created by filmmakers Scot McFadyen & Sam Dunn (whose filmography also includes: "Iron Maiden; Flight 666,' "Metal, A Headbangers Journey" and "Global Metal") will premiere at New York's Tribeca Film Festival on April 24th followed by the Canadian premiere at Toronto's Hot Docs festival on April 29th. The band was also recently showcased in the comedy "I Love You Man" where they play themselves in a concert scene featuring actors Paul Rudd and Jason Segal as ubra-fans, a performance which has exposed the band to a whole new generation."

Anyone fancy a trip to the USA ?  :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Brom

I've got 4 in the not too distant pipeline...

Thanks for the info Bert!  :)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mouse

I almost blew up when I read about this. I really hope they feel like playing one or two dates in the UK, too...

EVP

I knew of the countdown clock on the site and to much surprise I woke up and heard on the radio
that they were coming to the NY State Fair Grandstands this morning. I've never been this excited
about a show in a long time. it's been 27 years since Rush played in Syracuse and this is BIG news
for our area here. They probably the biggest mainstream act to have played the fair in years
and it should give the NYS Fair and the city a nice economic injection.

I'm also glad I don;t have to drive 3 plus hours to see them, though I have to say I'll be making
the Saratoga show. I'm looking forward to hearing the news songs as well as the entire Moving Pictures album!!!

Porcupine Tree is playing in Buffalo next month and now TWO Rush concerts. Now all we need
is for our fab 5 Frosty boys to hop on a ship and visit us for another show ;) It's going to be one
F@#king awesome summer ahead!!!!

davejd

that is indeed wonderous news     hopefully they will come to the uk but if not, as its called the time machine tour, couldn't we just borrow jems tardis?

Phrog

I wonder of this one will make it's way over to blighty... I REALLY hope it does, but I have a feeling that after these dates theyre going to want to hit the studio again rather than take Moving Pictures further afield. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think the UK will be seeing them after the next album/batch of new material.  :(

EVP

I ordered 6 tickets for Syracuse today WOOO HOOOOO!!! I'm so F#$%ING PSYCHED!!!!!

Mouse

You lucky, lucky bugger.  8-)

EVP

Quote from: "Mouse"You lucky, lucky bugger.  8-)

Yeah I was gonna wait until payday to get tickets but I went online to see how much
the rape fee's were gonna be from Ticketbastard. I tried searching for every possible
combination in even numbers and every time it said none were available! DOH!
I got scared and went back and chose any seat,any price and managed to find 6
and found I could afford it, so I just ran with it!

Luckily I have people more than willing to take one of the 5 tickets each so there's
no problem getting the cash back. I figure hell, if I end up with a couple empty seats
then I can have enough space to play air drums,air bass or air guitar. :D

H3WMW

Quote from: "EVP"I knew of the countdown clock on the site and to much surprise I woke up and heard on the radio
that they were coming to the NY State Fair Grandstands this morning. I've never been this excited
about a show in a long time. it's been 27 years since Rush played in Syracuse and this is BIG news
for our area here. They probably the biggest mainstream act to have played the fair in years
and it should give the NYS Fair and the city a nice economic injection.

I'm also glad I don;t have to drive 3 plus hours to see them, though I have to say I'll be making
the Saratoga show. I'm looking forward to hearing the news songs as well as the entire Moving Pictures album!!!

Porcupine Tree is playing in Buffalo next month and now TWO Rush concerts. Now all we need
is for our fab 5 Frosty boys to hop on a ship and visit us for another show ;) It's going to be one
F@#king awesome summer ahead!!!!

I'm sooo jealous of you mate.  Two Rush gigs and a Porcupine Tree one.  You're seeing my 2 favourite bands in the summer you lucky dog.  Well done.  ;)

H3WMW

Quote from: "davejd"that is indeed wonderous news     hopefully they will come to the uk but if not, as its called the time machine tour, couldn't we just borrow jems tardis?

I have it on very good authority from a friend of mine (who knows Neil Peart and Pegi Cecconi personally) that Rush will indeed be touring the UK in 2011.

You heard it here first.  ;)

WATCH THIS SPACE