FROSTIES* link to forum, please?

Started by Drarok, November 16, 2008, 04:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drarok

Seems to be the standard behaviour on other forums I go on, that the logo at the top of the forum links to the front page of said forum, I keep trying to click the giant "FROSTIES*" at the top of the page when I want to get there.

Can it be edited in? Pretty please?

rogerg

well, since the top of the page is really the whole site, it wouldn't work to link it to the forum, right?  or do you mean should it link to the frostmusic home page? in that case, the word Home is pretty close...

;)

Mikey

Quote from: "Drarok"Seems to be the standard behaviour on other forums I go on, that the logo at the top of the forum links to the front page of said forum, I keep trying to click the giant "FROSTIES*" at the top of the page when I want to get there.

Can it be edited in? Pretty please?
:?:  Whats wrong with the forum link?
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Grats on the Rogue Twix, Mikey!  :)

I think that it wouldn't hurt for the "Frosties*" header to be a link to the Board Index page.
Ok, there are other ways of doing it but the suggestion is only an addition, arguably making things a little better, so I wouldn't necessarily shoot it down.

Perhaps at the same time we could get the Frost*erisk moved to where it possibly should be i.e. as in "Frost*ies"....just a thought.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"Grats on the Rogue Twix, Mikey!  :)
Ta, Took me a while to work that out. Where did that come from?

Ash

those sneaky chocolate bars pretending to be biscuits
Ash
xxx

Mikey

TWIX®, THE OFFICIAL SNACK OF THE COMEDY FESTIVAL

It may be apt  :D

Twix is a chocolate-covered chocolate bar made by Mars, Inc., consisting of a butter cookie centre topped with caramel and coated in milk chocolate. Being somewhat smaller in cross section than other candy bars, Twix are typically packaged in pairs. Twix was first produced in the UK in 1967,[1] and introduced in the United States in 1979.[citation needed]

Twix was called Raider in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Norway for many years before its name was changed in 1991 (2000 in Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Turkey) to match the international brand name.

If it's a cookie it must be a biscuit

Philadelphia

Ah, yes, I remember when they changed the name of that. They tried to ease us into it by putting "Internationally known as Twix" on the back of the wrapper for few months before the official change to Twix.
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

RWA

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Ah, yes, I remember when they changed the name of that. They tried to ease us into it by putting "Internationally known as Twix" on the back of the wrapper for few months before the official change to Twix.
Oh God yes, I remember that. Confusing times for me....  :?

RacingHippo

THey did that to Marathons, sorry, "Snickers" here.  Marathon was a much better name *grumble*.
And what did Opal Fruits ever do to deserve getting renamed "Starburst", hmm?
* May contain nuts.

gr8gonzo

We used to have Marathon bars, but not the Snickers equivalent.  Marathons were long chocolate braids.  I think nostaligiccandy.com might still have them, but I'm too lazy to look.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"We used to have Marathon bars, but not the Snickers equivalent.  Marathons were long chocolate braids.  I think nostaligiccandy.com might still have them, but I'm too lazy to look.
Hmm....maybe the "Marathon" you refer to was the reason why the "Marathon" that became "Snickers" had to change its name?

"Snickers" (nee Marathon) is like a "Mars" bar but with nuts in the caramel....

"Mars" of course is a nut-less wonder....

So why do some people (far north of this place) feel the need to deep-fry them in batter??

That's gilding the lily somewhat, n'est pas?  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

LivingForever

Quote from: "Pedro"

That's gilding the lily somewhat, n'est pas?  ;)

More like drowning it in a big vat of lard...  :oops:

On a similar topic... what about Jif, sorry I mean Cif! It's never tasted as good since they changed the name.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

RacingHippo

Quote from: "LivingForever"On a similar topic... what about Jif, sorry I mean Cif! It's never tasted as good since they changed the name.
Yeah, and you know what? When it was called "Immac" it left my legs feeling immaculate, but I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't waxed my legs since they renamed it "Veet".

Um. I may have said too much...
* May contain nuts.

LivingForever

I also find Oil of Olay much less effective than good old oil of Ulay. Call me old fashioned.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/