Hullo There!

Started by Phrog, April 06, 2010, 12:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phrog

Hello folks, I've been 'lurking', as they say, here for a while now, and as we've got a shiny new forum I thought I'd enter the fray properly!

So... is there anywhere I can get a biscuit round here, I'm starved!  :mrgreen:

Pedro

Welcome Phrog and thanks for de-lurking!

Sorry if there are no biscuits on the table, I'll put some more out - which do you prefer?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Phrog

I've always been partial to a fig roll myself, but then there's the debate about whether they are actually technically biscuits or not... but lets not go there, wouldn't want to cause an argument in my first two posts here!  :?

Jem

Hello Phrog!

Welcome aboard mate. The real debate is whether a Tunnocks Tea Cake actually classifies as a biscuit. I think a fig roll gets in on a technicality owing to the fact that it is square and comes in a packet not entirely unlike that which one would receive biscuits in. Custard Cremes for example...

Personally, I still maintain that a Jaffa Cake is a biscuit too. Albeit a spongey one. And what of Iced Gems I hear you ask? Technically a blob of icing, but upon a biscuit base. Surely another contender for crossover confection of the year.  :lol:

RacingHippo

Uh-oh.
ProgDog may have competition as Official Mascot from ProgFrog.
* May contain nuts.

Mouse

Hello (Thunder)Phrog! As for the debate on whether or not something is a biscuit or not, I just go on the basis of whether something is yummy and to the dogs with what it's classified as.  :)

ProgDog

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Uh-oh.
ProgDog may have competition as Official Mascot from ProgFrog.
May be, but I'll always be the first :D .

Welcome aboard Phrog.
That gr8gonzo's a smart chap for a human. Knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, That's Right, I'm a dog. Get over it. Woof,woof baby.

D S, My new bestest buddy is even more cleverer than Gonz

boswell

Welcome Phrog!

On a scale of 1 to 17, how easy is it being green? I've heard it can be quite a challenge.

Quote from: "Jem"Personally, I still maintain that a Jaffa Cake is a biscuit too. Albeit a spongey one. And what of Iced Gems I hear you ask? Technically a blob of icing, but upon a biscuit base. Surely another contender for crossover confection of the year.  :lol:

I'm glad you class Jaffa cakes as biscuits. I feel like less of a criminal now for enjoying them so much with a cuppa (melt away the chocolate, slurp off the spongey mush, and savour the smashing orangey bit)

But what, pray tell, is a Site Admin? it sounds delicious.

catherine

Site Admins are a bit like Florentines; in fact, the pronunciation is very similar.

Very sweet, stuffed full of fruit and nuts, and with their bottoms dipped in chocolate.

rogerg

Quote from: "catherine"Site Admins are a bit like Florentines; in fact, the pronunciation is very similar.

Very sweet, stuffed full of fruit and nuts, and with their bottoms dipped in chocolate.

"bottoms dipped in chocolate?"

oh, my eyes!

Mouse

Quote from: "rogerg""bottoms dipped in chocolate?"

oh, my eyes!

There's always one.  :roll:  (And it would've been me, but I couldn't think of anything witty.  :P  )

davejd

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "rogerg""bottoms dipped in chocolate?"

oh, my eyes!

There's always one.  :roll:  (And it would've been me, but I couldn't think of anything witty.  :P  )
that just cracked me up!