madfiddler's pre-mix TDL solo

Started by gr8gonzo, May 10, 2010, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drarok

I just listened, and while I can (now) tell there's something there, I can't hear the violin at all!

So many layers to uncover. Like an onion. Or an ogre. ¬_¬

gr8gonzo

I'm afraid I've already gone and turned the violin up a few notches. Not ridiculously loud, but a little higher in the mix. The result (for better or worse) is in the Friends of Frost* section.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Drarok

Awesome, I was hoping someone would. :D

How on earth did you line it up timing-wise?

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Drarok

Just knocking it over sample by sample, tick by tick, until it fits?

Mickdoo22

Quote from: "Pedro"It's behind Tara's speech ("Ladies & Gentlemen, you can relax...").
You can hear some of the high notes towards the end and the last two notes of it mark the ...3-4 count into the "You are all lions" bit.
I think it was a collision of brilliant ideas and one had take a back seat. A tough call but the boss always makes the right one. :mrgreen:

As I said, I have never been a huge fan of the spoken word in music.......but either way, it seems almost sinful to cover that up with ANYTHING! BRILLIANT!

madfiddler

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"I'm afraid I've already gone and turned the violin up a few notches. Not ridiculously loud, but a little higher in the mix. The result (for better or worse) is in the Friends of Frost* section.

hehe  :twisted:

Mouse

Holy cheese and pineapple hedgehogs!  :shock:  That's frickin' fantastic! I'd always thought that was a guitar lurking in the mix, but no! Mr. Fiddler, I find a hat and take it off to you, sir.

johninblack

Quote from: "Mouse"Holy cheese and pineapple hedgehogs!  :shock:  That's frickin' fantastic! I'd always thought that was a guitar lurking in the mix, but no! Mr. Fiddler, I find a hat and take it off to you, sir.
Mmmm, it is rather fantastic isn't it? Every time I hear it I find something new burried deep in the mix. Clever bugger that Godfrey fellow :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Wait until the surround mix - there'll be a whole other onions-worth of detail to be heard!  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Villuccikeys

SerFox

Listening back to this section I can actually hear it now, but I think it so deserved to be a little more prominent, it really is incredible. It sits incredibly well in the last mix as a little nuance, but listening to it full on- Yikes! I love it  :oops: Now I see what Jem meant about

neeeeeoooeoeoeeeeoooo

Bravo! Thanks for letting us get a proper listen to this proper good bit of playing :D