Album "Snow Crash" Now Available!

Started by SerFox, May 12, 2010, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Thanks very much guys! :D

QuoteOk, I admit that I listened on the site, copied the low bit-rate mp3s out of internet explorer's cache and saved the files locally. But then I listened a few more times...
... and started to really like it.
So I've bought the real deal  

From the bandcamp FAQ:

QuoteOne of my fans showed me a totally easy way that someone could STEAL my music off of Bandcamp using RealPlayer 14.1 beta 3, or RipTheWeb.com, or by going into Temporary Internet Files and renaming blah blah blah. What are you doing about this grave problem?
Nothing. Since streams on Bandcamp are full-length, rather than 30-second snippets, it's correct that someone could use one of the above methods to access the underlying 128k mp3. And sure, we could throw some technical hurdles in their way, but if they hit one of those hurdles, it's not like they'd slap their forehead and open their wallet. Instead, they'd just move on to some other site where those restrictions aren't in place, and you'll have squandered the chance to make your own site the premier destination for those seemingly cheap, but enthusiastic, word-spreading, and potentially later money-spending fans. In other words, the few people employing the above methods are better thought of as an opportunity, not a lost sale.

You sir just proved them right.  :D