Steven Wilson's Insurgentes

Started by PaulBM, November 17, 2008, 01:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulBM

Well, initially a false start. The DVDA disk crashed our Digi Recorder as it coughed and spluttered trying to even read the disk for the menus. After the forced re-boot it played through the 10 tracks in 5.1.
First listen, first impression was... hmmmmm. Some interesting tracks, but I missed the usual melodies from Mr Wilson. At the moment I suspect this could be another 'Brave' for me. It's going to be a tough one to get into.
I'm sorry, but the guitar at the beginning of No Twilight Within The Courts Of The Sun is just awful to me. :(

We tried to watch the documentary but our Digi Recorder is really struggling to read the disk, it's stuttering every few seconds. It seems OK on the PC though.

catherine

Insurgentes and EIMA between them are forcing me to buy a new CD player as my elderly one just skips away like a spring lamb on the first 45 mins or so of each CD now. I can play them OK n my PC but its speakers are cruddy!

Gandalf1986

I just finished my first listen all the way through... That's really good! :)
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Bert

Well...

I don't know what you guys think, but I think it's a good a record than any that's been released in the last 20 years. Astonishing. For invention, braveness, sonic craft, songwriting (ie just about all of it) for me it's better than anything Radiohead have ever done (I pick them as they seem to be the benchmark these days).

And the best bit... he's one of "ours" :-)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

toolfan1912

God I can't believe my luck, was gutted when all the limited release CD's sold out and I thought I'd have to wait until February to hear the CD, thankfully thanks to a tip off on the Mike Portnoy forum the burningshed records shop started taking pre-orders for the CD/DVD release due out in February.

But heres the rich tea part of the story... :lol: , not only will I be getting a free exclusive postcard for ordering off the website but they also gave away a free mp3 download of the album to keep us all going until the CD is released bloody brilliant I say!!! :D

They should do this whole pre-order free mp3 download with more CD's nowadays... :P

ecky p

But there\'s nothing more to say