Main Menu

Countdown To TPE!

Started by gav, May 19, 2010, 06:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro

Nah, when they made Nellie they broke the mole...  :)

If this "someone external" was paid to do it for IB then there should be refunds etc. going on about now.

But, if it's a well-meaning volunteer then it gets awkward and I can see how they might get swamped by it and let things drift. I mean, it looks like there's 600 or so copies of TPE going out on or around June 1st...that is a whole heck of a lot to have piled up in your front room!

Oh, and "merch merchant" has a nice sort of "Bev Bevan" sound to it.  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

strangely (and happily, for me!) enough, being all the way over here across the pond, I got mine about three weeks after I had ordered.

but I still don't understand the Avian flu bonus disc....
 8-)

gav

11 days until TPE window is open!
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Nellie"I am already in anal mode and am getting prepared for this very special day.

Please tell me I wasn't the only one to have a Kenneth Williams Carry On moment upon reading that ...

Ooeerr  :shock:

Actually, I'm perfectly happy to wait, because I know that everything happen as quickly as it possibly can. I mean, just to remind everyone, this is officially a Frost*-free year, after all  ;)

I think it was just you, TA...

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Nellie"I am already in anal mode and am getting prepared for this very special day.

Please tell me I wasn't the only one to have a Kenneth Williams Carry On moment upon reading that ...

Ooeerr  :shock:

Actually, I'm perfectly happy to wait, because I know that everything happen as quickly as it possibly can. I mean, just to remind everyone, this is officially a Frost*-free year, after all  ;)

I think it was just you, TA...

Ah well, it's good to share ...  ;)

gav

Well, this is probably just annoying everyone now, but here goes... :?







NINE DAYS UNTIL SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN... :D
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Mouse

Yay! I've had nothing to really do since I finished my course, so something happening will be a nice change.  :)

Nellie

Quote from: "gav"Well, this is probably just annoying everyone now, but here goes... :?







NINE DAYS UNTIL SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN... :D
Will you please stop that?
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie"
Quote from: "gav"Well, this is probably just annoying everyone now, but here goes... :?







NINE DAYS UNTIL SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN... :D
Will you please stop that?

Careful, gav: Rule #1 around here is "Don't annoy Nellie" (particularly not when she's winding herself to mail out all the goodies).

Of course, I completely ignore this rule, and look where it's got me  ;)

gav

Sorry Nellie, my childish ways got the better of me ;)
and I'll shut up now, because I know how irritating silly people like me must be when you're dealing with over 500 orders on the same day. :mrgreen:
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Nellie

It's in the post!

gr8gonzo

Ouch! I realize this is worthless to you, Nellie, but if I wasn't an ocean away, I would do everything I could to help you. Please tell me SOMEone is helping you.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Agree with the thought, Gonz, and my offer of help is on record in this thread.
I don't think that the overall implied expectation of all 700+ being dealt with on the same day is sensible. I was trying to get a handle on the scale of the task. Imagine what it would be like to post just 700 greeting cards in one go... 700 CDs in jiffy bags would be HEAVY... attach T-shirts to 500 of them and they get BULKY real quick. You can't just stuff them in the nearest post box. If I lugged it all to our local village post office, Mrs Goggins would do her nut. I guess some arrangement with a local sorting office would help but do they charge for such things? "Ah, you are obviously a business therefore you'll have to pay more"...does that happen?
Maybe I'm missing the point but, if it helps to reduce the stress and maximise the profit, if I can't *physically* help, I'd happily wait another day or two to reduce the pressure a teeny tiny bit.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

We're all behind you, Nellie, and we love you very much.  xxx

davejd

only 214 days till christmas :roll: