A Pyrotechnic Frost'erisk. Frost Fireworks show help!

Started by Jim Takacs, June 11, 2010, 06:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Takacs

Every Year I Put On a LARGE fireworks display for my neighborhood! I Do it because Im simply a Sick and demented Pyromaniac!  But, I Am Trained and Licensed so Dont paint a picture of some psycho running around with a Road cone on his head in underwear with a road flare.  Where am I going with this?..  oh yeah. With each display I do, I try and have a Theme. Well, This years theme is going to be Frost!! I plan on building a Frost'erisk center piece and choreographing it to some Music. Just curious What Music To Use!!  Oh Yeah, Ill Use all Frost!  What I need of you guys is What Songs should I use?  Deff Raining in my heart will be used for the Willow and Timed rain section.  I usually start off the show with fountains, centerpiece and stuff like that so kinda low key BUT if I finish this Centerpiece of the Pyro Frost'erisk It will be like a Mini finale or Sky Puke. Need some input. Oh And I will Of course Get it all on video and Also Video the preparations.  Below are just a Few of My Fireworks in action! BTW, These are all Consumer 1.4g Class C Fireworks available here in the States.

Here is a segment of a show I did back in 06'. I wrote the cheesey Music for it. Crappy Video and editing. first time ever editing video! Obviously!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0SL1Zo4mA

Here is the Last 3 Min. of my show last year. Those screaming rising things are called Girandolas! F-ing LOUD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWkWbRVilmU
Here is the same part from My vantage point recorded with my Blackberry after I lit this section!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSVy2IZi-Q

Here is a Short Superbowl Party halftime show I did a few years back filmed by a buddy! It starts off a bit too slow. I tried to use more colorful shells in this shoot.
http://vimeo.com/3127137
::I Like Cheese::

Nellie

It's in the post!

gav

I agree with Nellie- Hyperventilate would be pretty cool!
Alternatively you could ue The Dividing Line- the intro and big riff in that would kick things off well!
BTW, how long is the display supposed to be? You know what I'm thinking... ;)
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Mouse

Hyperventilate would be indeed good. How about Pocket Sun? Although with that one, you might have to stress the rule of not carrying fireworks in one's pockets...

Jim Takacs

Quote from: "gav"I agree with Nellie- Hyperventilate would be pretty cool!
Alternatively you could ue The Dividing Line- the intro and big riff in that would kick things off well!
BTW, how long is the display supposed to be? You know what I'm thinking... ;)
Yes I Do and I Think We may be on the same page!  Although, Hyperventilate was my first choice also! My Shows average 40-as long as 90 min! 90 Min is ridiculous for a pyro event but that is how long my first show was!  The audience didnt seem to mind! :o  Im Kinda leaning toward 26:35!! ;) for the main Body with a intro, and the finale separate!

catherine

That would be excellent!

At the FIRST Finale (a big party that I went to in Atlanta last April) there were fireworks to music - it was great!

Mouse

When I watched a fireworks display two years ago, they played Flash by Queen. It was brilliant.  8-)

weezul

wow now this is something i'm looking forward to seeing!! You should definitely film it, heck i bet if  you made it PPV you'd earn the money back on the fireworks from keen frost*ies hahaha

Jim Takacs

Just a Quick update.....  I Received all the Lance Pieces and Now am Debating on How Im going to prime them for Simultaneous Ignition!    
  For those who dont know, a Lance in laymans terms is a Cardboard tube that is Plugged at one end, Filled with Comp. or "the pretty Burning Stuff" It works in the Same Fashion as the traditional Cone fountain. Lances are usually Just One Color and Burn relatively slow. Getting them to ignite is the Tricky part. Thats when we do a thing called Priming it. Basically the Lances are individually dipped into a Thick pasty liquid mixture of Gunpowder. Its the same black stuff on the ends of some consumer fireworks or the tip of sparklers that help them catch fire! Once this Priming goo or Slurry dries they ignite quite easily! This Concludes Pyro Lesson 101 pt. 1   :D   Oh BTW, Im doing the Frost'erisk in White Spark. Im Planning on using Blue accents in the Set piece also!  Id Love to do a Report kinda like what Jem Did for us Frosties!! :idea:

rogerg

did you know:
majuscules

Capital letters or majuscules (pronounced /m??d??skju?lz, ?mæd??skju?lz/) are the larger of two type faces in a script. In the Roman alphabet they are A, B, C, D, etc. They are also called capitals (caps) or upper case (uppercase). The latter name comes from manual typesetters, who kept them in the upper drawers of a desk or in the upper type case, while keeping the more frequently used minuscule letters in the lower type case. This practice might date back to Johannes Gutenberg.
Capital and minuscule letters are differentiated in the Roman, Greek, Cyrillic, Armenian and Coptic alphabets. Most writing systems (such as those used in Georgian, Glagolitic, Arabic, Hebrew, and Devanagari) make no distinction between capital and lowercase letters, a system called unicase. Indeed, even European languages did not make this distinction before about 1300; both majuscule and minuscule letters existed, but a given text would use either one or the other.

8-)

Jim Takacs

Quote from: "rogerg"did you know:
majuscules

Capital letters or majuscules (pronounced /m??d??skju?lz, ?mæd??skju?lz/) are the larger of two type faces in a script. In the Roman alphabet they are A, B, C, D, etc. They are also called capitals (caps) or upper case (uppercase). The latter name comes from manual typesetters, who kept them in the upper drawers of a desk or in the upper type case, while keeping the more frequently used minuscule letters in the lower type case. This practice might date back to Johannes Gutenberg.
Capital and minuscule letters are differentiated in the Roman, Greek, Cyrillic, Armenian and Coptic alphabets. Most writing systems (such as those used in Georgian, Glagolitic, Arabic, Hebrew, and Devanagari) make no distinction between capital and lowercase letters, a system called unicase. Indeed, even European languages did not make this distinction before about 1300; both majuscule and minuscule letters existed, but a given text would use either one or the other.

8-)

Touche' My Friend! I Just thought some might be interested in knowing How Pyro Actually works, Most people Dont Just like Most "humans" have no clue what goes into the recording of an album!   :D  Didnt mean that to sound like I was talking to a 3 yr old!  :?

rogerg

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"
Quote from: "rogerg"did you know:
majuscules

8-)

Touche' My Friend! I Just thought some might be interested in knowing How Pyro Actually works, Most people Dont Just like Most "humans" have no clue what goes into the recording of an album!   :D  Didnt mean that to sound like I was talking to a 3 yr old!  :?

no, I think what you wrote was very cool, and I learned a lot!  I was just honoring an age-old tradition here on the Frost*forum of diverting a thread from its intended path, and in the meanwhile pointing out an interesting point about your post which was the seemingly random placement of capital letters!  :D

hugs all around!   8-)

Pedro

He's right....and both posts were very interesting.
Don't let the derailing bother you, it's just one of the many rules we don't have around here! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jim Takacs

Whats Funny is I get all up Peoples Arses on other forums about punctuation and spelling!Ive been cal;led a Grammar Nazi.  :mrgreen:  My Wife is an English teacher, only its now called "Language Arts" I Guess saying English is no longer politically correct anymore! I guess you guys who invented the language want it done properly and that I completely understand! Wow, that was actually kinda difficult to type without hitting shift! No idea why I do that!  Is there such thing as terrets syndrome of the hands?? :D

gav

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"Is there such thing as terrets syndrome of the hands?? :D

It's called a habit, Jim. ;)
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!