A Pyrotechnic Frost'erisk. Frost Fireworks show help!

Started by Jim Takacs, June 11, 2010, 06:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

I sometimes slightly abuse my mod-rights and nip in to correct little typos in people's posts. Prolly shouldn't but I can't help it sometimes....except for that semi-colon in "cal;led" I quite like that one.  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Quote from: "Pedro"I sometimes slightly abuse my mod-rights and nip in to correct little typos in people's posts. Prolly shouldn't but I can't help it sometimes....except for that semi-colon in "cal;led" I quite like that one.  ;)
Again, that's what makes this place special - moderators only having to worry about posts being grammatically correct and well punctuated and not having to stop flame wars erupting!   :D
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Drarok

Quote from: "Pedro"I sometimes slightly abuse my mod-rights and nip in to correct little typos in people's posts. Prolly shouldn't but I can't help it sometimes....except for that semi-colon in "cal;led" I quite like that one.  ;)
I do that on a different forum where I'm admin. Lots of their/they're and its/it's. They really bug me.

But not as much as people that have a widescreen monitor/TV and stretch a 4:3 image full-width. That drives me absolutely nuts. :x :x :x

Pedro

Jim Takacs

Quote from: "D S"
Again, that's what makes this place special - moderators only having to worry about posts being grammatically correct and well punctuated and not having to stop flame wars erupting!   :D
WOW, Isn't that the truth!! This is a very RARE place in the interwebs! I have never seen such a group of Gentlemen and Ladies simply just get along and share in a common love of something! That in itself I feel is testimony of what Jem and the Fellas have not only created but accomplished!   New Slogan::  "Frost, Bringing People Together Through Song" --killer Bumper Sticker! :P
::I Like Cheese::

johninblack

I think this is a very unusual place but just proves that a group of Human Beings can talk to each other in a civil way, share a joke and take part in conversations that range from the high-brow to absolute inane stupidity (and often at the same time) without falling out with one another. That takes a very special class of people to achieve that and that's why I love to keep coming back here. You are all such lovely peoples.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

gr8gonzo

Wasn't it Jem who started the tradition of hijacking threads in the "Never mind that. Did you know..." stylee? The info has generally all been interesting. Those of us who've been around the forum for some time are used to it and know not to take offence. Newer Frost*ies may be unuckustumbd.  :D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Tricky

Quote from: "johninblack"I think this is a very unusual place but just proves that a group of Human Beings can talk to each other in a civil way, share a joke and take part in conversations that range from the high-brow to absolute inane stupidity (and often at the same time) without falling out with one another. That takes a very special class of people to achieve that and that's why I love to keep coming back here. You are all such lovely peoples.

In the (quite considerable) time that I've been been visiting this forum and it's predecessors; I can only think of one instance of anyone getting at all arsey about anyone else - and that was a long time ago.

But we do steer clear of current affairs, religion and politics.
and grammar wars :P

...and to hijack back again:
so - fireworks are much cheaper in the US then?   Over here one of your 90min displays would cost 10s of 1000s of £
 :shock:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

gr8gonzo

My wife and I love pro firework displays.

The public can't buy fireworks in Florida (other than sparklers) unless they fill out a little form saying you're using them to frighten birds from their crops. Not a lot of crops in my neighborhood, but plenty of fireworks. Ticks me off when I put my little kids to bed and the whistling and crackling starts up right outside their windows. It's especially irksome when we have a high wildfire risk and I find these frakkin' bottle rockets in my yard and on my roof. And not a year goes by without some local moron kid letting a cherry bomb go off in his hand.

I wish everyone left it to the professionals.

Pedro

Has anyone thought of talking to that moron kid, I guess he'll learn eventually...  ;)

gr8gonzo

Jem

Quote from: "gav"
Quote from: "Jim Takacs"Is there such thing as terrets syndrome of the hands?? :D

It's called a habit, Jim. ;)

But not as we know it.  :lol:  ;)

gav

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "gav"
Quote from: "Jim Takacs"Is there such thing as terrets syndrome of the hands?? :D

It's called a habit, Jim. ;)

But not as we know it.  :lol:  ;)
I've been waiting for AGES for someone to finally post that! :lol:
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Jim Takacs

Yeah, I Am getting quite tired of shaving my palms!! :?
::I Like Cheese::