Main Menu

Producing..

Started by SerFox, November 17, 2008, 07:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Jem, how much do you cost?

The mix of EIMA is bloody incredible, you have such a degree of control over the whole thing that I can't even begin to comprehend, you narrow it down whenever you like, and when you want the whole thing to be as wide as my room you do so. I've no idea how you do it.

Dave M

Im surprised how much better the title track sounds in comparison to the sampler cd ... Gone is the harshness of the cymbals , it sounds much smoother ... Was this from remixing or remastering, or both ?
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Jem

Quote from: "SerFox"Jem, how much do you cost?

Lots and lots! :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words mate. :D

SerFox

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "SerFox"Jem, how much do you cost?

Lots and lots! :lol:  :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for the kind words mate. :D

Do I get a *cough* discount?

And you are indeed most welcome. You inspire me in many ways, it makes me glad to be a musician.

James_S

Quote from: "SerFox"And you are indeed most welcome. You inspire me in many ways, it makes me glad to be a musician.

Seconded!

I've been much more interested in playing around with sound and trying things than I ever have before :)

I'm not saying I always like the sounds you use, or the effects you achieve, but I appreciate the time and effort that goes into their creation and the meticulous attention to detail :)
So many keyboards, so little time!

TheAmerican

I am utterly astounded at the production and sound creation on EIMA.

Praise to Jem.

Prog just slapped music back into consciousness.

Dave M

Ive been listening on headphones tonight ... WOW ... The detail and intricacies in the performances and production have left me dumbfounded.
This is a spectacular album, there is nothing to dislike, to any detractors I would say open your ears and absorb every note, it's there for a reason, you can hear this has been a labour of love. Stunning, congrats Jem and the boys ... You done good !
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Drarok

Indeed, I gave it its 1st proper headphone run last night. I'd been listening to it all day at work, but on the little fold-up sennheiser PX200s I use there. Not as nice as proper headphones.

Picked up a lot more bits and bobs I'd not noticed before, tis great!

SerFox

Another point, the transition between DDD and FD is EXTREMELY smooth, to the point when I listened to EIMA the first time I thought I was still on DDD, and even when MP3'd to listen to on the old MP3 player the gap is still smooth, almost a perfect crotchet.

How'd you do that Jem? I've tried and tried for years, and as many of my lecturers and producers I meet, I get next to nothing, basically impossible save for manually encoding the CD...

Drarok

It's not smooth for me, I need the proper CD. Still not arrived. :(

EVP

Quote from: "Dave M"Im surprised how much better the title track sounds in comparison to the sampler cd ... Gone is the harshness of the cymbals , it sounds much smoother ... Was this from remixing or remastering, or both ?

he mixed it through a 16 channel SSL rack.