Main Menu

Secret Song

Started by SerFox, November 17, 2008, 08:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

I could actually call this my favorite moment of the album. It uses my favorite piano, the old proggy Yamaha, the vocals are so pretty. it's so well written and put together. I love how it's like a cute little self orchestration, like having a party on your own in your house for your birthday. Yet it's very lonely, lost, drifting away from the album clinging on just at the end...

Thank you, Jem.

...Discuss?

tomskerous

Just waiting for those little fading away piano chords...each a little tug on the heartstrings.

It's beauty in a CP70-shaped box.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

LivingForever

Love it... it's very Peter Gabriel. A bit of Biko, a bit of Wallflower.

In my humble opinion!

I still want to know if those are toms Andy's playing... sure sounds that way!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

littletog

Quote from: "LivingForever"Love it... it's very Peter Gabriel. A bit of Biko, a bit of Wallflower.

In my humble opinion!

To me... it's very very Alan Parsons Project.
I can see the madness perfectly from here

MikeEvs

Almost there currently at Toys 8-)

James_S

I'm pretty sure there is talking at the very start, but its very distorted, and mangled.

I've tried reversing it, retuning it (all after boosting the levels) and I'm still clueless :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

SerFox

All I've got is "...the detail was..."

MikeEvs

Quote from: "James_S"I'm pretty sure there is talking at the very start, but its very distorted, and mangled.

Sounds like it to me as well it needs further investigation  :)

Pedro

Quote from: "James_S"I'm pretty sure there is talking at the very start, but its very distorted, and mangled.
I've tried reversing it, retuning it (all after boosting the levels) and I'm still clueless :D
Yes I spent a little while at lunch time trying to iron it flat but it's just so creased-up. I'm pretty sure I can hear very shipping-forecast-type phrases like "15 miles" and "falling more slowly" in there so my money is still on Mr Kettley :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Drarok

I think I hear:
"To hear this message clearly [...] four four fifty one"

Anyone managed to work anything out? :(

El_Presidente

Jem might be giving us the settings or the code for use in a particular tool, to decifer the message.  Could be something in the Pro Tools family but then again he'd know that very few of us have access to this, so perhaps it's more simple...
Never trust a man who, when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn\'t try it on.  B Connolly.

cabo

where is the secret song?

Wickerman

Just after 'Wonderland'.  Starts at about 6 minutes into the running time (quietly) and goes on for about 10 minutes... in fact, I think it's the longest track on the album (correct me if I'm wrong...)

LivingForever

Quote from: "El_Presidente"Jem might be giving us the settings or the code for use in a particular tool, to decifer the message.  Could be something in the Pro Tools family but then again he'd know that very few of us have access to this, so perhaps it's more simple...

It does mostly sounds like numbers...maybe they're coordinates to a secret location?

:D

LivingForever

Quote from: "LivingForever"Love it... it's very Peter Gabriel. A bit of Biko, a bit of Wallflower.

No I was wrong, it's a bit 'Lead a Normal Life'... and when the piano comes in, it reminds me of 'Across the River'.