A rather fab and very unique competition - please read

Started by Blunders73, June 17, 2010, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky

If there are any photoshop wizards out there, then I think this //http://graphicriver.net/item/seamless-snowflakes-texture/68160 would look rather fine.  Possibly with a graded tint over the top.
It's a seamless pattern, so simply stretching the pattern size slightly should allow the repeat to fit any circumerence perfectly.
I'd have a go, but I don't have photoshop... :(
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

gr8gonzo

I'm too geographically challenged to participate, but had an idea I would have submitted - something resembling white hot circuitry, sort of a cross of Tron and Def Leppard's Hysteria cover, utilising the EIMA cover microphone Frosterisk throughout. Feel free to steal that. Or not.  :D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

El_Mayonnaise

Damn I was gonna say that Frosterisk Microphone mesh as well. Its in teh toys section I believe? One of the wallpapers. I realise I wouldn't win with that contribution but ho hum.

Just a quickie q, Mr blunders but what are the cymbals that'll be in use?

And not meaning to steal the thunder of the competition but is the gig section going to be updated soon?

wickedwitch

rather retro slogan in the fast paced Frostisphere!  not sure it would wrap round a drum, but hey ho!

Pedro

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Doo-bee doo-bee doo-bee dooo.
Bi-dee-doo.
Do-be-dee doo, bee doo.
Doo-bee doo-be doo....
Click here for the Tinyfish/Peel remix of that....  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"Click here for the Tinyfish/Peel remix of that....  :)
That was without doubt the most hilarious gig I have every been to.
And one of the most enjoyable evenings I've ever had, fullstop*.

* Obviously excepting all the fabulous evenings I've spent with my utterly wonderful wife.
Did I get away with that?
* May contain nuts.

E.S.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:mrgreen:

Seriously, though.. I'll give it a real try later.

Blunders73

Keep sending them in guys, were getting some amazing ideas !

Mouse

Holy helicopters and juice, what a fantastic idea, Blunders! I might have to have a crack at this later, I'm already starting to get some ideas through the void...

Oh, by the way, does anyone have any recommendations as to what dimensions would be good for a high quality JPEG? And when would any/all ideas have to be sent in by? And can we submit multiple designs? And is Kia-Ora really too orangey for crows...?

Mooncat

I wondered whether there was any scope for different designs too.
Both Neil Peart and Nicko McBrain have had custom kits where each drum had different graphics, albeit all based on one 'background'
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Blunders73

Hi all, I've just spoken to pimpco, yes you can design the individual drums if you like but keep it with a running theme, we really want to create something very special that's never been done before which looks amazing

ChrisX

Someone should do something with a Lion or Biscuits :lol:
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Gandalf1986

Alright, I did a very very rough crappy idea. It's just one for now... me is stupid today! :lol:

You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Pedro

V. Nice.
But, just to remind folks, we are talking about design(s) that will be printed onto wraps that will go around the outside of each drum. Not a circular design for the kick drum face.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Pedro"V. Nice.
But, just to remind folks, we are talking about design(s) that will be printed onto wraps that will go around the outside of each drum. Not a circular design for the kick drum face.

Mmm... Wraps...

You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro