A rather fab and very unique competition - please read

Started by Blunders73, June 17, 2010, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunders73

In conjunction with Frost*, Pimpco and the blessing of the wonderful lads at Mapex we are giving you an opportunity to design the finish of Craig Blundell's Mapex Orion kit for the forthcoming Frost* Gigs in December and all 2011 dates. The only criteria is that the colours are blue and white, the Frost* and Mapex logos are optional. The winner will meet the band at the o2 Islington academy on the 3rd of December and be Craig's tech for the evening. He or She will have their name "designed by" on the bass drum. The kit will be used for all the future Frost* tours.

What we need is a high res image of the drum surface either in PDF or JPG format, and Pimpco will create a wrap for the kit. The closing date is the 9th July 2010, send in your designs to mailto:sales@pimpco.co.uk">sales@pimpco.co.uk

So what are you waiting for? Send in those high quality designs and create the kit that you always wanted to see onstage with Frost*.....

E.S.

What a great idea! Nice opportunity to dig up the old photoshop skills.

Nellie

This is sooooooo cool. Get your crayons out NOW!!!!
It's in the post!

Pedro

So we are talking just the kick-drum face, right?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Blunders73

Please do...Not the kick face, the shells of the drums....

It's taken me a while to make this happen so a HUGE thank you to Mapex for letting Pimpco pimp the drums. It proves that Mapex are just the best and their fwd thinking is incredible. The guys at pimpco are brilliant, it's the brainchild of al Murray (comedian and great drummer) and chris newell, amazing drum visionary, please send in your designs as cool as possible and I look forward to seeing them and can't wait to see what this kit is gonna look like

CB

RacingHippo

* May contain nuts.

Pedro

Thanks Mr. B. It was the "high res image of the drum surface" and "Pimpco will create a wrap" bits that puzzled me.
Is there an example of the kind of shape the expected image would be?
Are we talking something like the strip of paper wrapped around a cake?

Mmmm....cake....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

Twang

'Please note we are unable to return your pictures but there is a prize for any that are shown.'
(Please insert sign language here). Now let's see who remembers what the Vision On logo was. :lol:

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"Are we talking something like the strip of paper wrapped around a cake?
Yup.

Entrants could feasibly come up with a generic design that could be mucked about with by pimpco's designers, but it'd be nicer to know the composition and dimensions of yer kit, Mr Blunders  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "Twang"'Please note we are unable to return your pictures but there is a prize for any that are shown.'
Doo-bee doo-bee doo-bee dooo.
Bi-dee-doo.
Do-be-dee doo, bee doo.
Doo-bee doo-be doo....
* May contain nuts.

gr8gonzo

Saw this posted over on FB. Love the idea and what a great way to reward a fan's creativity. Well done, Blunders!  8-)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mooncat

Top idea.
According to Craig's welcome thread the kit is likely to be made up as follows :
22x22 Kick
8x7 10x8 12x8 racks
14x13 floor
16x15 floor
18x16 floor
BP snares
18" gong
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

wickedwitch

ooh i was interested but now you've put me off with your talk specs, kicks and racks!

Blunders73

Very cool

so before this all came about we were thinking of incorporating different colour hardware ie the top hoops coated in White bottom in blue or vice versa, I like the idea of a fade of some sort but something a bit "out there" that's not been done before

those sizes are what I'll be using

Ash

Quote from: "Twang"Now let's see who remembers what the Vision On logo was. :lol:

Me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AkqN9uq0t8

Please ignore the deliberate spelling mistake.
Ash
xxx