The Philadelphia Experiment:Tell Ashleaze what you think!

Started by Pedro, June 18, 2010, 03:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Againesis

Watched the DVD this morning while on the morning commute.  Not a good idea.  Laughed out loud too many times to count and am now expecting my fellow commuters to spread their bags over their already occupied double seats when I approach in future.  Oh well...

Had a small revalation though with the 5.1 TDL mix.  Haven't played it through the amp at home yet (embarrased to say the rest of the family aren't quite as enthusiastic about prog as myself - except my four year old who thinks "The Man with the 2.4" is the funniest thing he's ever heard) - but listened to it with a laptop and headphones after watching the DVD and heard all sorts of things I'd not picked out before by listening to the stereo mix.
There are only 10 types of people]

Dave M

I watched the DVD on Thursday night .. chuckling away to myself (the part where Jem is asking daft questions in rehearsal), I turned around to see my wife looking at me as if to say "what the hell is this ?" ... I discovered that there is no point in explaining anything to ones' spouse .. it wont make it funnier .. I love it though  :D

The price of the package was worth it for the T shirt and The Dividing Line alone .. I haven't even listened to the live CD  yet as I previously bought the taster cd at a gig .. I have that to look forward to.

In summary ... fantabulous !
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

brakkum

Finally gave it all a listen, love it! sounds great, and seems like a great gig. The DVD is of course fantastic, there might as well be a Frost* Report movie now, seeing as I can't get enough.

Tricky

Quote from: "Dave M"The price of the package was worth it for the T shirt and The Dividing Line alone .. I haven't even listened to the live CD  yet as I previously bought the taster cd at a gig .. I have that to look forward to.

In summary ... fantabulous !

Agreed, the T-shirt and TDL made this a must-have purchase.
But don't dismiss the live set 'cos you've got the Frost*fest taster: this is... well, just incredible... I can't begin to imagine the tweakery that must have gone into making such a perfect live recording.
Just how much of this was actually played live and how much is studio magic??  Either way it sounds fantastic - you can't see the join.  :shock:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

rogerg

rock, rock, Mexican rock!!!

just watched the videos, which were especially great, since we were there!  listening now to TDL, and I can't wait to put in the cds while we drive to Iowa this week!

RAWK!!

RacingHippo

I've just realised I haven't yet waxed lyrical on this thread.

Um.
*gathers thoughts*

It really is rather jolly spiffing.
* May contain nuts.

LivingForever

Yeaaaahhhh... the Living-adelphia household has been rocking to this all week long.

Absolutely superb.

And the 5.1 mix of The Dividing Line demonstrated that I need to move my rear surround speakers back a bit - I couldn't hear Tara at all during her little section!  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

ecky p

What a package..this live cd is fantastic
why do I always order a bloody large t-shirt and its too tight...middle age spread me thinks
oh well another t-shirt passed to junior.,,
great work Jem...
But there\'s nothing more to say

Drarok

I got the large and it's nicely snug. XLs are usually really baggy on me, so it's unusual to have a well-fitting TShirt bought sight unseen. Not just middle age spread, methinks; I'm only quarter-aged! :)

MrBabou

Well, after listening to TPE a couple of times, I can tell you something... I usually don't really like live albums. I don't really know why, maybe it's just because I know many bands post-process the recording, making it a non-truthful representation of the band playing live. However, I am happy to report that I am truthfully enjoying this album. It sounds honest.

And WOW, Nick's performance on the drums is astounding, mostly considering how little time he had to learn the songs!!! Overall excellent musicianship, sound quality, and I'm also enjoying the alternate version of songs or parts of songs. And The Dividing Line..... WOAAAAHHH!!!  :D

One other thing I'd like to add, which made me enjoy this experience even more. The first thing I did is watch the documentary, which was nice and fun. I like how we see the band just before the show, and then it's "how we got to that point"... and It ends where it started, just before the show begins. Then I listened to the live CD, and it was such a nice follow up to the documentary. I think everyone should do it in this order. The only thing that would have been even better, is to watch the concert on DVD instead of listening to the CD, after watching the documentary.

Thank you Frost*!
"The mind is like a parachute: it works best when it\'s open"... Frank Zappa

EVP

I haven't had a chance to listen all the way through but I can easily say that I love it!
I popped the DVD in right away and loved every minute of the Frost report especially
the stuff with Jordan and when the entire band is together for rehearsals.

I've only heard half of the first cd, but it's pretty much a given that I love the entire set.
I like the changes to Falling Down and the mix sounds huge and superb. I also love the
packaging with the clear double thick case. It makes it much more substantial and solid.
(not that Digipacks are bad either btw)

Tricky

I need to know:
just who is Hans; and does he have a habit of letting Jem down?
 ;)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Ash

Ash
xxx

Paul

Hello ladies and gentlemen. . . . .  first post on here. . . . .
been loitering for some time and thought. . . . .  well, what the heck, they can't all be totally cuckoo!

I've found one major drawback with the album. . . . .  the tri- jewelical cd case makes it impossible to hide from the missus, resulting in large doses of pilfering (good job I ordered an XXL t-shirt rendering it too small to get over her head!).
If you don\'t know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Pedro

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the board! :)
You're right, not totally cuckoo....there's some Nuthatch in there somewhere! :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"