What's your bestest Frost* gig?

Started by Ash, June 19, 2010, 09:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Last night in Manchester. My first proper (as in not supporting or side-project) Frost* gig! I'm not counting the Esoteric Evening as proper Frost*, but that'd be it if I did.

That might change again, of course, after tomorrow night...

Drarok

Cor, blimey, guv'nor!
Tonight was awesome.

Ears are still squealing away, but absolutely top notch entertainment was had tonight. 8-)

johninblack

Without doubt one of the best gigs I've ever been to and definitely the best Frost* gig.

Derby 06/12/2010 DVD Shoot.

Some Pictures here.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

Yep, Derby was it. Some great photos there, John. Love the Multi-JIB.  :lol:

sawtooth

Well both the 2008 Christmas gig at the Peel and last nights DVD shoot at Derby gave me an equally warm tingly feeling.
I must remember to go for a pee before I get stuck at the front of the crowd...... ;o)

Ben Y-S

Ooh, it's a massive toss-up between last night at Derby and the one before at Bilston...I think Bilston probably clinches it for the overall wow factor (and the Let It Snow remix, that was just inspired XD) but Derby was also ridiculously incredible, so it's a close call...

Pedro

In gig terms I think Bilston just edged Derby (for me) because of the first-time impact of the humour and the sheer "OMG this foursome's awesome" effect.
Last night at Derby was more enjoyable (ignoring my aching feet) as an awesome experience shared with the largest gathering of Frost*ies I think I've been in....so far.
I was also able to better see the nimble fret-work of "your love is (Nathan) king" at Derby - amazing. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Dena

It's a toss-up between Bilston and Derby for me too.  I just can't decide.  Do I have to?
Innit.

LivingForever

Derby is now right up there with Frost*mas 08 for all round awesomeness. London was good but the playing was about 6 times better at Derby AND there was a much better Frost*ie party vibe going on!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Ash

Bilston is now 1st place
Followed by Derby as a close 2nd

As expected there are quite a few posts to read here - hold on - maybe some time....

Quote from: "sawtooth"Well both the 2008 Christmas gig at the Peel and last nights DVD shoot at Derby gave me an equally warm tingly feeling.
I must remember to go for a pee before I get stuck at the front of the crowd...... ;o)

sawtooth in post shock  :lol:
Ash
xxx

Drarok

I think the sound was better at Derby than at Bilston, but there was more silliness and fun bits at Bilston.

But there were bourbons at Derby (misrepresented as the inferior custard variety of cream)!!!

Ben Y-S

Quote from: "Drarok"I think the sound was better at Derby than at Bilston, but there was more silliness and fun bits at Bilston.

But there were bourbons at Derby (misrepresented as the inferior custard variety of cream)!!!

There were custard creams going round too, I was wondering at the time too as my dad caught one of the flying bourbon packets as it was going for his head XD Those bourbons were bloody hard to open up though, although it definitely enhanced the gig =P

Dena

I must admit that I was a little disappointed when Jem mentioned custard creams, so I made no effort to nick myself a biscuit, but now I find out that they were bourbons I'm gutted!  They're my ultimate dunking biscuit!  Bah!
Innit.

Ash

I think it was a shame that they were only Asda smartprice - but its the thought that counts!  The majority were custard creams weren't they?  I thought there was only a couple of packs of bourbons.?
Ash
xxx

Ben Y-S

Quote from: "Sarah"I think it was a shame that they were only Asda smartprice - but its the thought that counts!  The majority were custard creams weren't they?  I thought there was only a couple of packs of bourbons.?

Then I feel privileged. =P