Quandary - Ready to Fail

Started by gareth, May 16, 2010, 08:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gareth

Wow!
I owe that to you mate, I wouldn't have known to take the initiative to contact him. Thankyou, seriously, MUCH appreciated Pedders.  :)

But yes, I've been in touch with David since and he's a real nice dude.
I can't wait to get home and listen to it!

Pedro

No probs. :D
Quote from: "gareth"I've been in touch with David since and he's a real nice dude.
You're not wrong. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Quote from: "Pedro"No probs. :D
Quote from: "gareth"I've been in touch with David since and he's a real nice dude.
You're not wrong. :)

one might even say Amazing!  8-)

gareth

:) Made a little "making of" thingy just for the fun of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWyfzSWiC2w

There's more old ones to be found here if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/dotheneurotic

MrBabou

I'm enjoying this. A lot even. The videos as well. Very good job there!!
"The mind is like a parachute: it works best when it\'s open"... Frank Zappa

Dave M

Good stuff, having a listen now .. don't know why, but to hear an Australian accent on the vocal made me sit up and listen .. probably too used to hearing vocals with mid atlantic accents I guess  :D

Some quality musicianship on display there too.

D
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Pedro

Huge thanks to Gareth. My copy of Ready To Fail arrived from 'down under' arrived with a very nicely wax-sealed note.
Also, very pleased to see another outing for one of the tracks on a special "away leg" of the latest issue of The Amazing Wilf's "European Perspective". Listen to or download this show
Top stuff.  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gareth

You're very welcome Pedro. Glad it arrived safely!
Dave @ The European Perspective is a class act hahah  :D Playing all our longest songs... What a champ.

Quote from: "Dave M"Good stuff, having a listen now .. don't know why, but to hear an Australian accent on the vocal made me sit up and listen .. probably too used to hearing vocals with mid atlantic accents I guess  :D

Some quality musicianship on display there too.

D

Thanks Dave! Glad you appreciate the difference. We've been copping a bit of flak over the vocals but I wouldn't change anything really.

johninblack

Quote from: "gareth"We've been copping a bit of flak over the vocals but I wouldn't change anything really.

I think the vocals are great. In many ways it's refreshing to hear the accents. There are way too many "artists" trying to sound the same imho.
Downloaded and a few bucks sent via paypal.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

rogerg

I'm liking it very much!!  thanks, Gareth!!