Main Menu

Secret Message

Started by Drarok, November 18, 2008, 01:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingForever

Well done chaps... To be honest it sounds so good rhythmically I had almost discounted it being a hidden message.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Philadelphia

It's a semicolon? This changes everything... So... part 2 then? The morse code is the same both at the beginning and end of the song, so it's the next bit isn't in morse code.
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

mikebass

hmm I wonder where the other part/s could be
"Actually ladies and gentlemen, we\'ve got a massive problem with one of the computers...bloody huge. It may even kill us!"

Drarok

By the end, do you mean the bit in the middle, over the soft piano part?

SerFox

Just before the end. I'm going to play with the EQ after I've finished listening through the album, I'm both looking for hintsand enjoying another playthrough, it's an excellent excuse! I heard a little bit more morse in here and I have a sneaking suspicion....

MikeEvs

Quote from: "SerFox". . I
_ . . . B
. . _ U
. _ . R
. . I
. E
_ . . D
. _ A
_ . N
_ . . D
_ . _ _ Y
. _ . _ . _ ;

The semi-colon indicates this is part one of the secret message. A stanza, if you will.*

*This is an assumption, but I believe it's accturate. Back later.

NB: a . _ . _ . _ (dot-dash-dot-dash-dot-dash) in morse denotes a semicolon.

Umm when I looked up morse code . _ . _ . _ is a full stop (period) and  _ . _ . _.  is semicolon.

You have definitely got the sequence right though I grabbed the instrumental version mp3 of welcome to nowhere dropped it into adobe soundbooth deleted the rest of the track and just kept the morse code and you very clearly see the dots dashes and spaces.

Jem

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Jem, what the hell???

Just my little nod to the fab 4. ;)

I'll have to try harder next time, it's only been out 3 bloody days! :lol:

SerFox

I was thinking that this morning while transcribing You/I if I had indeed mishead it or wrote it down the wrong way round.

Or maybe we are just complete animals for mind bending puzzles...

James_S

Quote from: "Jem"

Ahh but there is still the mystery at the start of the secret song :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

Drarok

Yeah, that thing is driving me mad!

Brom

Quote from: "Jem"

Velly intelesting..  Every listen to 'Saline' makes my brain go... "Beatles"

I can't for the life of me work out why tho.  :?

Oh, except for the quiet piano bit... then it's Erase Rewind.  :)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "Drarok"I'm fiddling with the quiet bit, trying to suppress the swooshes...

Did you mean to say that out loud?  ;)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Otterdaemmerung

I've gone back into doing photography lately (especially since I'm trying to get back into college after 18 years, and hopefully will be majoring in photography), and it seems my tripod has had a subliminal message for me in the making for all the years I've had it.

I happened to be glancing over at it earlier, and then it hit me:  *!  So I whipped out my Nikon, shot one of its two five-pointed-asterisk-shaped knobs, and the result is the loverly avatar at left.

Pedro

That's marvellous and welcome to the board!

That's a prime example of what I tried to call a "hidden Frost*ie" on the old forum.
They do occur naturally (i.e. in places where the person wasn't deliberately using an asterisk) and you've spotted a great one!  ;)

I'm sure there are more out there, we just need to be vigilant.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Philadelphia

otter: Nice one, and welcome to the forum! (:-)

Pedro: What do you say about subconscious asterisks? Yesterday I was defrosting (sorry!) some meatballs and suddenly realised that I'd placed them in that most familiar shape, without even thinking about it.
Do I need to see someone about this or is it a natural, post-album-release reaction?
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro